Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The Introduce Yourself Thread

(Topic created on: 28/11/17 15:29)
AntS
Options
Samsung Lounge

Figured we should have a thread like this.

Hi all! I'm AntS. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

I've worked for Samsung since 2014: starting on t'phone in the frontline Mobile/Tablets Tech Support team, moving on to the Online Shop Support team, then to the Social Media team, where I spent most of my time...  and which is how I ended up here.

My hobbies include reading (I might be a bit of a bibliophile), writing, drawing/design, the odd bit of rambling with my Dad, and despairing at the state of modern football (apart from at Lionel Messi - whom I might have a little mancrush on...)

I'm a Fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, and Saturday-morning cartoon geek. Love stuff like Lord of The Rings, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Blade Runner, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Supernatural, Babylon 5. Big fan of Transformers - the original '80s Generation 1 stuff rather than Bayformers.

(LOL. And I love that RyanM's introduction thread for me was liked by someone called @Anonymous User. Oosh! :keithlemon: )

556 REPLIES 556
kieranh
First Poster
Options
Samsung Lounge
Hi
AntS
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hello and welcome @kieranh! :robothappy:

coolhandan
Apprentice
Options
Samsung Lounge
hello everybody. I'm Dan.
JAMES4578
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hi Joined here around a month ago and thought I'd give you a short intro, though probably won't say as much as Dave :smiling-face:   Anyway I'm James and I passed the 50 milestone last year, though may  pass for looking a bit younger-my avatar is a fairly recent pic.   Anyway for  some time I've been into gadgets and tech stuff and have obviously seen a few developments throughout the years, here is an early example which some may not be familiar with.  Talking Viewmaster    Was pretty much into Pc's when they were widely available and later the more mobile devices which many of us enjoy and in some cases rely on.  I've also had the internet since the dial up days which we would struggle to cope with now lol.  I also quite like photography (though not really an expert)

Tv  is quite  important to me and will watch a variety of drama, comedy,sci-fi,horror , general enertainment /some sport and documentaries.  I have had quite a few Samsung Tv's including most recent model but currently have Iphone. Enjoy travelling at times and also some visits to theatre/cinema and dining out/meeting up on ocassions.  At times I can be a bit on the quiet side but do have quite  good sense of humour :smiling-face:

Debz666
Explorer
Options
Samsung Lounge
Dial up....omg I'm so old!remember it well....and watching it reload and ...fail....🤣
0 Likes
ChrisM
Options
Samsung Lounge

Same here @Debz666! Welcome on board! East Yorkshire, a beautiful place. Are you on the coast or inland?

0 Likes
Debz666
Explorer
Options
Samsung Lounge

I'm on the coast!Bridlington😊🚤🚣‍♀️🌊

0 Likes
ChrisM
Options
Samsung Lounge

I know it well! Spent many a happy day there.

mi5ter_prof
First Poster
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hi all,

I'm a new user - only really joined because I wanted to give some suggestions for improvements (which I've made on an ideas thread already).  Seems there is a thriving commuity here!

Glad to be a part of it! :smiling-face:

ChrisM
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hi @mi5ter_prof.

Glad to have you on board!

Xin
First Poster
Options
Samsung Lounge
!!!!!!!
0 Likes
Ziggy50
Explorer
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hey Miche30584,

That's a pity to lose all of your WhatsApp stuff. Are you sure you can't restore your messages as I have changed phones before and it has transferred my messages for me. 

Don't want to get your hopes up, but I see no reason why the messages would be backed up... My are always backing up. 

All the best, Justin

Miche30584
Just Browsing
Options
Samsung Lounge

Hi, 

I tried yesterday and it didn't work. I can only get backed up stuff from gmail/android? As my phone was iphone/ios/iCloud I wasn't able to access it through Google. I went back to iPhone/whatsapp and had lost my recent stuff, which I'm really upset about 😓

I don't know what else I can do? 

Miche

0 Likes
TheWall69
Navigator
Options
Samsung Lounge

I swapped my sim from Note 4 to S8. Vodafone did their stuff and off i went.

Can you put old sim in new phone and use that to find your stuff?

If not take everything to your phone shop and ask them to help you.

0 Likes
Miche30584
Just Browsing
Options
Samsung Lounge

You've gone from the same "platform" if you get me? Android....I'm swapping from ios/iPhone and my stuff is save on Apple cloud. I can't access it on android...

0 Likes
TheWall69
Navigator
Options
Samsung Lounge

I know. Do you still have the iPhone ?

Is it still accesable from that?

Have you googled this issue?

0 Likes
Miche30584
Just Browsing
Options
Samsung Lounge

I've googled it and I wasn't able to find a solution. I have Google drive and backed up all my contacts and photos.

I thought I was able to use Google drive for WhatsApp but unfortunately I couldn't. 

I've managed to transfer all my photos, contacts and normal messages. I've basically got everything from my iPhone  accept my whats app stuff. 

I guess I'll have to accept that I can't get the whatsapp stuff 😕

0 Likes
TheWall69
Navigator
Options
Samsung Lounge

Well dont give up just yet. Someone else on here might be able to help you.

Have you asked WhatsApp to see if they can help ?

0 Likes
TheWall69
Navigator
Options
Samsung Lounge

Are you using same sim card?

Im sure ive seen iPhone data to samsung apps.

Good luck

0 Likes
Miche30584
Just Browsing
Options
Samsung Lounge

No, a different sim/number... I don't think whatsapp saves to the sim ...🙁

0 Likes