(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 04:46 PM)
Neo001
Legend
Options

Dear Moderators, 

@PaulM1

@AndrewL 

@AntS 

James van Arend has posted baseless allegations against me in several communities and in several posts. These are totally not true. Please help.

Screenshot of all the posts where he has mentioned me and made baseless allegations.

Screenshot_20221001-225938_Samsung Internet.jpg

Useless comments that he has posted , naming me - 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/smart-home/onze-samsung-oven-bakt-brood-niet-goed-meer/td-p/6131...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-gallery/where-the-creations-touch-the-sky/td-p/6130393

Don't know what's wrong with this dude. Please help. 

27 REPLIES 27
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Obviously this matter is under investigation , there certainly appears to be no issue with @Neo001 's public posts  (I am aware of several  helpful posts)but cannot know things that happen privately.  It does though seem a bit "strange" that different accusations apparently made in the various European communities.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options

Hi all,

We’ve looked into this. The Admin has advised that no private messages have been exchanged between the users Neo001 and James van Arend. And, despite our requests to them, so far we’ve received no messages in our Sam_UK inbox from any of the various users alleging the inappropriate behaviour of Neo001.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally speaking, if any of you receive inappropriate Private/Direct Messages from another user of our Community please send a Private/Direct Message to our Sam_UK account with full details including the following:

• The username of the user who has messaged you;
  • Screenshots of the messages the user has sent/the full conversation history between you and the other user.

We will then investigate the matter and take appropriate action.

You can also stop another user's Private/Direct Messages reaching your inbox by tapping the three dot menu on the top right of a relevant Private/Direct Message thread and tapping 'Ignore user'/'Ignore member'.

(If you need it, guide on how to send Private/Direct Messages on the Samsung Members Community: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... )

Thank you.

Neo001
Legend
Options

Thank you very much! Is it safe to assume that i am free of all charges? 

One request from me is can you block my access to direct messages? It will make me feel more secure as there can be more such member/s who may hurl accusations. If my access is stopped, such issues can be avoided.

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

@Neo001 : I think there’s been enough time and opportunity for those accusing you of sending inappropriate messages to get in touch with us and provide the requested evidence of it to us (as opposed to repeated public accusations without anything to back them up). Unless we receive evidence that says otherwise, then I'm happy to say that you are free of all charges.

The Private/Direct Message feature can be switched off or on in a user’s Settings on a web browser - either by us or the user at any time.  But as far as I’m aware there isn’t a way for a user to be completely blocked from using the feature.

Neo001
Legend
Options

Thank you for the quick response and for resolving this issue. I feel relieved, but also a bit scared in some ways and only hope that this will not happen again. I have turned off private messages in my profile for now.

One last thing, can the posts with accusations be removed or at least my name is striked out?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries.

I've removed the posts with the accusations that appeared here on the English language Community. (I've left the other user replies and @mentions to them in this topic for transparency purposes.) Not quite sure how widespread the accusation posts were across the Samsung European Community, but if there are any remaining it's best to report them to the relevant local moderating teams.

Neo001
Legend
Options

Thank you! 

bollywilly
First Poster
Options

These harassments seem to be strange. I think that with the development of the internet, the number of perpetrators has only gone up. Moreover, now it is easier for them to find and blame their victim. Many girls today face their 'admirers' who try to stalk them, call them, write to them and interrupt their life. And they're even boys and girls suffering from the toxic ex-girlfriend or boyfriend, or even a friend, who blackmails them with some photos or info. We should all be prepared for such scenarios and know what to do then. 

0 Likes