Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Phones Use Any Stylus Pen?

(Topic created on: 24-01-2023 03:13 AM)
Ian Haines
Journeyman
Options

I don't even know if this is the right place, for this request for help, or not. 

I am very interested in buying a Samsung mobile phone, for between £400 and £800, but it's essential that I know that I can use any generic (currently used on an old J5, very successfully) stylus pen.  It's the one thing always left out of every set of details, anywhere (like Amazon and EBay) and it's the most important one I need to know, because I hate fingermarks on really gorgeous surfaces, like a phone screen.

Can anybody give me a list of Samsung (I buy nobody else's) phones in the above prices range, that will definitely let me use any stylus pen I want, like those I already have, just for one example?  Any mobile phone without the feature of using any available stylus pen is utterly useless to me.

Please, help, if you can, guys and gals!

5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung Galaxy Note series devices have the S Pen.
Now the Galaxy S22 Ultra devices have them.
The newer versions will have the Bluetooth function allowing you to use it for things like a remote shutter button for the camera.
You should be able to pick up the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra for a decent price now. This is the last of the Note range
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ian Haines  The Note 20 line would be your best bet and come with an S Pen.  The Ultra no longer available from Samsung/partners but is on sale from some outlets.   Some places you need to watch though as not always clear when it is not a Uk device,best to enquire beforehand.  The base Note 20  renewed is still on offer from Samsung https://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxy-note20-certified-re-newed-buy/?modelCode=SM5N981BZNGEUB   

A bit on S Pen compatibility here when referring to S21 Ultra https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s21-s-pen/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ian Haines
Journeyman
Options

Okay.  Thanks, for those replies.

The Note/20 sounds to be the one.  If it says, "5G", I take it that that will still work perfectly well with 4G networks?  My net service is through either a 4G mobile device (EE), or through the Samsung phone's net that I also use, when tethered. 

Both 4G.  Will the 5G device that I buy still work on my 4G connection?

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The phone will work perfectly fine.
If you have a 5G service. In areas that you are out of 5G reception, it will default back to 4G service automatically
If you don't have a 5G SIM service. You can go into the settings and turn off the 5G. Saving you a bit of battery life.
Provided you purchase a device that is for your region. You will have no issues with the reception the phone gets
0 Likes
Ian Haines
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, for that, GlennTech. 

0 Likes