Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pin code not working on galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 27-11-2019 10:25 PM)
Kabo1
Student
Options

Suddenly today my pin isnt being accepted. Keeps saying incorrect pin. Tried changing it in settings but it asks for my pin which is then saying is incorrect! Any advice please? Am too worried about restarting etc etc as if it doesnt work I'm locked out and need phone for work. At moment am able to use fingerprint unlock but every now and again will ask for a pin number! Thanks

126 REPLIES 126
Angelirose09
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. So what’s happening???!

0 Likes
Angelirose09
First Poster
Options

Im scared to restart my phone....

0 Likes
MWSFC
First Poster
Options

Cheers man, I had the same issue and this sorted it. Love your work. 

0 Likes
Emeeerelee
First Poster
Options

The problem keeps reoccuring and it is seriously driving me nuts.

I changed my pin code on the 28th of October and I thought this solved it for good but now the problem is there AGAIN. 

PLEASE SOLVE THIS!

0 Likes
Suna74
First Poster
Options

This error started yesterday November 11th 2019 around 6pm with my phone. I tried several times to enter my security code (PIN) to unlock my phone and it said wrong pin. I read this post yesterday and I didn't want to restart my phone because it would ask me to unlock it with my pin to start again my phone. Today I reset my phone security passwords and biometrics with the page Find My Mobile and it worked well but now I can't save any security code on my phone neither password, pattern or pin, so now my phone can be unlocked by anyone. I also restarted the phone and it isn't working as well. My phone is Samsung S8+ with the last system update that came out this past November 1st 2019.

Emilian2810
Student
Options

I had the same issue. Just take the risk and restart the phone. For me worked.

0 Likes
DodgeyDave
Student
Options
Doesn't this erase all your data?
0 Likes
TyTri72
First Poster
Options

I allowed my phone to update and I reget it now.   I am locked out of my phone also and a factory reset is not an option.   I have discovered the S10's and S9's are also experiencing the same pin lockout and there is a work around in the works for them.  Help Apple is looking good your devoted Samsung S8 customer.

0 Likes
mymtrio
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem today November 20th 2019...
In fact my phone (Galaxy J1 mini) was just requesting the factory sim card pin FIRST (0000 or 1234 or whatever if you did changed it), then the phone pin code AFTER.
I had to enter these two different pin codes one after the other...
I did configure my phone in order to stop it from requesting the sim card pin code at each reboot.

0 Likes
zhong
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same problem as well.  I even went to samsung service centre but they said is rare and no solution gave to me. Samsung service centre asked me to change to another phone! omg

anyway, if i were go hard restart the phone, is all the data within the phone still exist?  I have alot of working files and precious photos within.  

please help!

0 Likes