Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy M51 charging not working after last update

(Topic created on: 31-05-2024 10:37 AM)
sakulmore
Apprentice
Options

Hello, a few days ago I received an update for my Samsung Galaxy M51. Today, I wanted to connect it to the charger, but I found out that it's not charging. The USB-C port on the phone is simply non-functional. It doesn't respond to anything, not even when I connect it to a PC.

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@sakulmore: Please try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines to the right of 'Your apps' > Show system apps (toggle this on) > OK > Scroll down and select 'USBSettings' > Storage > Clear cache, then restart your device.

If the issue persists, head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Phone diagnostics > Cable charging, and follow the on-screen instructions. If possible, please try another compatible USB cable, as this will help to determine if the problem lies with the phone, or your existing cable. 

0 Likes
sakulmore
Apprentice
Options

None of that helped.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you able to try another charging brick and cable @sakulmore 

Also use a torch to shine inside the phone's port to check for any build up of debris. 

There is also a diagnostic test tool found in your Samsung Members App. 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
sakulmore
Apprentice
Options

None of that helped. I tried replacing both the cable and the brick, charging from the PC, but nothing works. Simply put, the port in the phone is dead...

0 Likes
Members_9Rt1JA5
First Poster
Options

Have the same probelm after the last update. My M51 device doesn't recognize fast-charging cables. I can only charge by third party slow USB charging cables. 

I spend a lot of money for new cables and chargers and completely reset the settings and as well. 

Completely horrible and unacceptable from Samsung. 

0 Likes