Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is connected to WIFI but I have no internet

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 01:09 PM)
pmutton202
Apprentice
Options

So I bought a new samsung phone and it won't connect to the internet, even though it is connected to the WIFI.

I have searched the problem up and of course the only solution I could find was a "software update" (which never solves any issues, I do not understand why this is always the go to solution)

The problem with that is you need to create a google account to even do a software update which makes no sense in my opinion but hey.

Guess what? I cannot make a Google account without an internet connection, and I cannot connect to the internet, so therefore cannot do a software update. How am I meant to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@pmutton202 Hello, go to settings / General administration / Reset and reset network settings. You have to reconfigure the wireless connections. Greetings

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @pmutton202   The solution detailed by @Ventor  may well solve problem. However if not tap on current Network where it says connected  and tap forget, you can then set up your desired Network again.  Another idea is to reset your router if still issue.

On another note you should ensure  you have the latest updates mind you (though should be the case currently with new device) and  best to have both a Samsung and Google Account.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

pmutton202
Apprentice
Options

Neither way worked, still can't connect to internet.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @pmutton202  ok some other suggestions:

When you tap Forget  toggle your Wi-Fi off and on again - Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through all the connection steps. You could restart your phone at this point.

If still not solved  go to Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog next to your router on my device it is under view More but could be Advanced if that does not show. select the MAC Address Type and set this to Phone MAC. If the issue persists, I would suggest pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, the reason being that this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be causing problems.   You still may need to  reset router again if still problems.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Eva_28
Journeyman
Options
I have the same issue. The past week my Samsung A52s 5g, while connected on my home WiFi, will not have an internet connection through the WiFi, and it will use my data instead. This happens every few minutes, the wifi stays connected to my device and the message "connected without internet" will appear.

I have tried rebooting my phone, turning the wifi on my phone on and off, forgetting the network on my phone, resetting all networks, inserting my SIM card in a different device (to see if the issue is only on this specific device), changing the MAC address to "Phone MAC" and also restarting my router. Nothing works. The issue still persists only on my Samsung A52s (all other devices work perfectly while on WiFi).

I would really appreciate some advice on how to resolve this, please.
0 Likes
pmutton202
Apprentice
Options

Yeah none of this is helping, I'm sending my samsung back and getting an iPhone because this is a joke, as if I spent hundreds on a piece of ***** that doesn't even connect to WiFi.

0 Likes
KonradCy
Apprentice
Options
I had the connected to WiFi but no internet at my brothers house. It happened with my previous S5 Neo, S8 and my current current S20FE 5G, plus my Tab A (10.5 2018). The router was updated couple of days ago and I visited yesterday. All the families phones including Samsungs all connected without issue, except mine. I decided to reset the WiFi in the phone settings. This fixed my phone. Then it dawned on me that whatever caused the problem was passed on by logging into my Samsung account! When I got home, I reset the WiFi on the other Samsung devices I use. The reset deletes all stored WiFi and Bluetooth connections, so I had to make new pairings with everything again. I have stored a new backup on my Samsung profile, so switching or adding a new Samsung device, there will be no further problems.
0 Likes
pmutton202
Apprentice
Options

This thread is 6 months old, I don't own a crapsung anymore. Also, no sh*t sherlock, who would've guessed that setting up a WiFi connection on a different device would work?

0 Likes
Members_NEJwdea
First Poster
Options

i had the same issue with my zflip4. what finally worked for me after hours of trying different things:
1. settings
2. connections
3. more connection settings
4. private dns:
5. change it from “private dns provider hostname (my name used to be “dns.google”)” to “automatic”
i then tried reconnecting to the wifi and lo and behold it worked! i hope this will help for you?

0 Likes