Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M31S stuck on M31S powered by android logo screen

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 02:46 PM)
serifpersia
First Poster
Options

The phone is stuck at the M31S powered by android screen. It boots up and when I plug it in I can hear the sound. The touch also works but the screen is frozen at the M31S powered by android screen. When I press the lock/power button the screen goes off and it never comes back until I force restart it or turn it off the normal way buy touching power off on the screen but the screen is black.

Recovery and Download modes work just fine and the screen does show them correctly. Charging screen also works when the device is powered off. But when I power it on normally it just stays frozen at that M31S powered by android screen.

Can someone help me out.

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
pmel
Navigator
Options
Try safe mode. Maybe some application makes problem.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@serifpersia Hi, maybe you have to try Factory Reset from Recovery. Be very careful. Regards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln2OdoCiTQU

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
serifpersia
First Poster
Options

I used talkback to help me find the right spot to touch and I was able to touch power off and safe mode on the screen.

Sadly its the same. It restarts and stays at that first screen until I press the lock/power button then the screen turns off but pressing the button again doesn't bring the screen back.

I doubt that its screen/motherboard issues as both work(screen and touch work and motherboard boots up to recovery/download mode and system but the screen is frozen at the first M31S powered by android screen)

0 Likes
serifpersia
First Poster
Options

Yes I did factory reset. I also flashed stock firmware using ODIN 3.14.4. But nothing changed. I wanted to flash factory binary that might've helped but samsung has new security that blocks flashing combination/factory binaries.(please get approval to use factory binaries(PIT)...

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@serifpersia Then you have to visit the official technical service / SAT /.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
pmel
Navigator
Options
Well done, you did everything you could. I think Samsung repair centre can to find fail and fix it.
0 Likes
serifpersia
First Poster
Options

I was able to enable usb debugging and I can see the screen on my computer via Vysor app. Everything works there but on my phone its stuck on first logo screen and when I press the button to lock the screen becomes black and doesn't come back. I enabled OEM unlock option. Will this allow me to flash the factory binary(I'm certain that it could help me) on the download mode I longpressed vol up and that unlocked the bootloader. Now when the phone boots up, the screen is frozen on the you phone's bootloader is unlocked...... screen. and it goes black when i press power button to lock the phone. Thanks!

0 Likes