Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General question about S8 Plus

(Topic created on: 26-01-2023 08:59 AM)
markdewet
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, can anyone please confirm definitively whether the S8+ indicator light only supports 3 colors, green, red and blue?

Thanking you.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@markdewet: That's right, although there can be exceptions. If your device is blinking a colour that you don’t recognise (such as white, purple or pink), it is likely to be a notification from one of your apps. To change the colour, open the app, then go to the app's settings menu to find out which options are available.

0 Likes
markdewet
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL  Your answer is misleading and factually incorrect. I have tried to set the notification light to flash in white, for instance in WhatsApp and it does not. So your answer is incorrect.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@markdewet: Apologies for the confusion. I was trying to explain why you might be seeing LED colours other than Red, Green and Blue on your device, as these are system defaults for the Galaxy S8+. If you're unable to set your preferred notification colour in WhatsApp, then please reach out to the developers directly to enquire about any limitations you might face on the S8+, or your current Android version. 

0 Likes
markdewet
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL  I am still confused. To quote "If you're unable to set your preferred notification colour in WhatsApp, then please reach out to the developers directly". Are you then saying I CAN set a custom color to the Samsung S8+ notification light?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@markdewet: As WhatsApp is a third party app, I am sadly unable to verify whether the Galaxy S8+ supports any LED customisation features that they offer in the in-app settings. 

0 Likes
markdewet
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL  It seems we are going round in circles here, sir. It really is a simple question: Regardless of app, be it Samsung or third-party, can the Samsung S8+ support more colors than red, green and blue for the notification light? It really is a simple yes or no. 

Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Yes
0 Likes