Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badge count clears when only one message is read- Notifications

(Topic created on: 15-12-2021 10:03 PM)
Adrianjones
Explorer
Options

Reading 1 message when you have other unread messages should not cause the count to go to zero, and clear the badge count. 

How is this logical!

Worked fine in a few OS versions back.

Samsung needs to realize that many many users will not buy their products because of, or do they not care perhaps?

Im posting this again as Samsung keep setting similar previous threads as solved

11 REPLIES 11
Members_l4VW4Ed
First Poster
Options

Totally agree. Absolute madness to think that clearing notifications also clears all message counters is a "feature" - it is a flaw. Are there not any 3rd party apps that can fix this?

AndrewL
Options

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. As it stands, opening the Messages app will clear any active Icon Badges, with the logic being that you no longer need to be notified of the new messages, as you have already opened the app. If you still have some unread messages, then the relevant conversations will still maintain a counter, and will be positioned at the top of the list for ease of access. 

0 Likes
Galaxy7
Journeyman
Options

Hello Andrew

How was it possible to think this way??!!

The counters have always worked like the logical sense before.

We need that the counters work with no link with the notification panel ! 

Now I forget or I miss to answer to a lot of messages during the Day!  I want to throw my Phone trough the window when i see the counters dissapear when i clean the notifications 

Who care the customers feedback on samsung?

I will appreciate too the come back to delay the sms sending like Android 4.4.2! 

Marcpl
First Poster
Options

I have been annoyed by this "functionality", that i consider more like a fundamental design flaw than anything, since I bought my Samsung M31s a year ago. I am checking regularly if there is anything new on this subject, in fact every time I am missing an email or notification because of that reason. I am really looking forward to the latest One UI 4.0, hoping that this issue will be resolved.

If it is not, this phone will for sure be my only and last Samsung phone.

adej
Apprentice
Options
Totally agree. My note 9 had an update today hopefully fixed!
0 Likes
Mattias4
First Poster
Options

This truly is a disaster, I had Microsoft Launcher and Nova Launcher before that to fix this bug, (yes it is a bug not a feature) but now it seems none of them fix the issue anymore. Samsung get to your senses and bring back the logic or loose your customers. This is a true show stopper as this actually is one of the most important things in my work. I miss alot of mail and not to talk about my wife getting so angry on me for not answering her messages.... 

0 Likes
Mattias4
First Poster
Options

Something that actually would be a feature is if you let the user choose the logic that benedifits him/her the most. 

0 Likes
KC25
First Poster
Options

I recently switched to the samsung phone without knowing about this issue. Now, I am super frustrated with this feature. Let me know if anyone has any solution to fix it. 

Galaxy7
Journeyman
Options

F...*...*...* samsung to have remove wifi direct, to have remove smartview compatibility with chromecast , to have remove feature to call by sliding in sms app , to have remove dots counter even when we delete notifications, to have remove SD CARD slot, to not allow customers to downgrade our phone as we want after to have bought 800 euros my phone, I can't do what I want!!!!

I don't give a F...*...*..* of AI or social media features or photo b******* for Instagram or Tiktok ... 

Is people who develop oneui take care of customers point of view!???!

Are your developers use samsung phones? 

Each release oneui is worst !

0 Likes