Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless android auto keeps disconnecting

(Topic created on: 13-01-2024 09:26 AM)
RizD
Student
Options
My S21 struggles to connect to wireless Android Auto on my 2023 VW car and keeps disconnecting. Any ideas what the issue is?
14 REPLIES 14
Mar72kuss
Journeyman
Options

Yes me too I had feelings of cells switching. But I think it's really a problem issue with Mib3 car system and galaxy S. With a54 Samsung no problem. With my s21 ultra no way to connect it. Meanwhile my s21 ultra works perfectly on BMW x1. No disconnections at all. 

0 Likes
Mar72kuss
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone. This morning my tiguan had a big sistem update OTA. Around 4gb update. Now my galaxy s21 ultra finally got back to connect stable with android auto wireless.  No disconnections at all. Anyway I got it this morning so it's early to say victory. Will see in next days if really stable. 

Members_p3O6sof
Apprentice
Options

Hi My tiguan had a big update too. Did you have to delete the phone from car and reconnect?

I have the 23 ultra. 

0 Likes
Members_p3O6sof
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

As mentioned in this post there is a big ota update for vw cars.  It 4gb.

You need let the update download. Then you need to let it install while you are out of the car. Takes about 20min. 

Then remove your car from andriod auto app on phone. Remove bt and wfi from phone too. 

Then in your car remove your phone. 

Reinsert cable and approve connections. Then andriod auto will work wirelessly and it will not disconnect. I have been using it for a few days and it now works flawlessly. 

0 Likes
Lowsociety
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue on my S21Ultra with a Sony XAV9500ES radio. Seems like everyone says it's time tonshell out 1200+ dollars for a new phone or deal with the spotty connection. I have done every update / delete & reconnect you could do to all devices. My friend's s23 works perfect on the radio...

0 Likes