Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless android auto keeps disconnecting

(Topic created on: 08-02-2024 03:38 PM)
RizD
Student
Options
My S21 struggles to connect to wireless Android Auto on my 2023 VW car and keeps disconnecting. Any ideas what the issue is?
20 REPLIES 20
Žilvinas Degutis
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I’m sorry @RizD  to hear about the issue you’re experiencing with your Samsung S21 Ultra and Android Auto. Here are a few potential solutions:

1. Update Your Devices: Ensure that both your Samsung S21 Ultra and your car’s infotainment system are updated to the latest software.

2. Reset Android Auto Connections: Go to Settings -> Android Auto -> Previously connected cars, tap on the three dots in the top-right, and select ‘Forget all cars’. Now plug the phone into the car again and attempt to reconnect .

3. Restart Your Car: Turn off the ignition in your car and wait for the head unit to turn off automatically. After that, restart your car and let the infotainment system turn back on. Try connecting your phone again .

4. Check Your Cables: If you’re using a wired connection, try a different USB cable. Some users have reported that changing the cable resolved their issue .

If the problem persists, I recommend contacting Samsung’s customer support for further assistance. Please note that these are general troubleshooting steps and might not work for everyone. Good luck! 😊

SAMSUNG Community Lietuva
RizD
Student
Options
Thank you but I can connect fine via USB. Wireless connection is the issue.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wireless is a disaster for me I turned it off, mainly overheating and connectivity.

I waited 5 years for Wireless AA and now still using a cable.
REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Book2 Pro i5, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptops]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
Mar72kuss
Journeyman
Options

Hello , I have a tiguan october 2023 and galaxy 21 ultra.  there is no way to connect with the car with audroid auto wireless.  cable work perfectly but wireless no way.  it connects and then after few second disconnect. I have formatted the phone,  resetted the car system . no way.  S21 is connected with wireless of the car and bluetooth either , but it disconnets continuosly every 10 seconds 

armstrong21490
First Poster
Options
Hi I have the same problem on my 23 plate tiguan too. My s21 ultra was connecting fine and since the update 3 weeks ago it keeps disconnecting. Not tried with the USB yet.
0 Likes
Members_p3O6sof
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. I the tiguan 23 and also have the 24ultra and same issue. Very frustrating. 

I could never get my old phone s22 to wirelessly connect either. So disappointed. 

I have just stuck with a cable. Cable makes sense anyway as when it did connect once a blue moon via wireless the battery would drain and it would hest excessively. 

I get the convenience of wirless but it's not actually better overall. 

0 Likes
Mar72kuss
Journeyman
Options

cable is ok during long trip.  but when I have short ones, like going to work, stores in city wireless is very confortable.  anyway i have completely formatted my S21 and completed formatted the system of tiguan 23. I wanted to be sure anything was corrupted.  and the result is: NO WAY.  now it's 4 months still i bought the car and not working.  I have brought the car to the retailer, they checked all and they returned the car telling me all was ok.  after 2km was already disconnected.  i gave up.  anyway with iphone all is smooth and work.  crazy

SamsuckIsTrash
Student
Options

These phones have defective cell radio/baseband firmware, I bet you all are experiencing these issues in areas of low cell reception. The WiFi is what's crashing out while the phone is trying to find another Internet connection. It will happen to me at home without even using android auto. The WiFi just say (connected without Internet) and nothing but a restart will bring it back, despite other devices using the same WiFi network. It always always always coincides with a drop in service or a switchover from 4g to 5g or vice versa.

Hoping to change my username when you fix your garbage.

Members_6RPPrtp
First Poster
Options

I have/had the same issue with my new S23u and old Flip4 in my Škoda Superb 2020.

AA keeps disconnecting and I have a feeling it's location specific. Possibly when switching between cells or something as mentioned above.

I would appreciate if Samsung took thus seriously because it forces me to consider a different phone manufacturers...