Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 unable to hear phone calls

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 07:21 PM)
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
Since the system update on Wednesday, I can no longer hear phone calls either made by myself or to me. This includes the dial tone. All other sounds are still working including ringtone, media etc. 

This happened and after I restarted my phone, it worked once but having just gone to make a phone call again it's not working. I'm not going to keep restarting my phone every time I make a call. 

Has this happened to anyone else?
109 REPLIES 109
Omar7785
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact problem 100% ... How does this big problem happen with such a giant company. It's a shame . I have already been financially damaged by this terrible problem. If Samsung is really big company , they should compensate us

Members_VSy87Ck
First Poster
Options

I'm also having issues when using loud speaker on s21 no one can hear me very well has been getting worse and now no signal and no cant make or receive calls without restarting phone every time grrr

0 Likes
Sunnyhunny
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem, how can it be solved?
Matt1672
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.  I make a phone call either on WiFi or cell network.   Sometimes I hear the ringer, other times nothing.  The person on the other end can hear me, but I can't hear them.  A phone restart seems to fix the problem for a little while. 

ALG74
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my original s21 and replacement phone. Fed up with this expensive phone.

0 Likes
ALG74
First Poster
Options

this worked for me, thanks

0 Likes
Datuki
First Poster
Options

Not just T-Mobile - I'm from New Zealand and with Spark and experiencing the same issues!

Just bought a S21 Ultra and wishing I'd kept the S9+.

Bryan78
Student
Options

Very sorry to hear that is happening to you as well. Hopefully Samsung will send out a fix for the problem soon. This is a very expensive new phone and it would be nice to be able to use it without any problems

0 Likes
olavrb
First Poster
Options

Norway, Telenor, S21 Ultra. Can neither hear or talk to the one on the other end. Neither over VoLTE or 2G.

0 Likes
a50-57
Student
Options

Same!  I had this same issue with another Samsung phone, I think my S10.  It seemed to have been a software update that was needed to fix it because it eventually went away.  It's frustrating that we are now dealing with the same thing on a NEW phone!  Samsung, please fix this issue!

0 Likes