Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 unable to hear phone calls

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 07:21 PM)
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
Since the system update on Wednesday, I can no longer hear phone calls either made by myself or to me. This includes the dial tone. All other sounds are still working including ringtone, media etc. 

This happened and after I restarted my phone, it worked once but having just gone to make a phone call again it's not working. I'm not going to keep restarting my phone every time I make a call. 

Has this happened to anyone else?
109 REPLIES 109
Bryan78
Student
Options

Same issue here, I'm also on T-Mobile

0 Likes
beadlemd
Student
Options

Yup I have been back and forth on this with T-Mobile/Sprint.  Very Frustrating.

0 Likes
pcisko
Student
Options

Happening to me as well. I had to S21 Ultra for about 4 months with no issues then this voice issue started happening about two weeks ago. I called T-Mobile and they said a lot of people have called them an complained recently about this but they also said its a Samsung issue. Also, said not happening on other Samsung phones using the 5G network (s20, etc). If I use Teams or Messenger to make call no issue so I don't think its a hardware problem, just a problem with how this phone works with voice data. Also T-Mobile said I can call 611 for warranty replacement and this has fixed some of the issues for folks but not all. Like a roll of the dice. Has anyone gotten a new S21 and had it fix this problem?

0 Likes
Von4
Student
Options
  • I tried that, and so far, it seems to have solved the problem.  
0 Likes
lendelbogdan
Explorer
Options

SOLVED. T-mobile Samsung Galaxy 5G Can't Hear Calls https://youtu.be/c-rgJb3dXDA

0 Likes
Dexxyzing
Student
Options

To be fair that really doesn't solve the problem completely.  3G vs 5G?  that doesn't seem fair that Tmobile won't fix this problem.

0 Likes
MemphisGrizzlies1986
First Poster
Options

Any updates to this????

0 Likes
longieboi19
First Poster
Options

Yes, my wife just have the warranty replacement and still having the same issues. When turning on and off (airplane mode) it works for a few days and starts acting up again. This is very frustrating and stressful because she uses her phone often for work.

0 Likes
beadlemd
Student
Options

Since the TMobile update I received on July 7th I have not had the issue.  Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
jgeorge521
First Poster
Options

Just bought a Galaxy s21 and I am having the same problem. On a call, I don't hear any dial tone, ringing, or the voice of the person that I called or the person that called me. People have said they can hear my voice but I can't hear any sound when making or receiving a call.

To make sure it wasn't a network issue, I made and received calls normally on WhatsApp & Duo. I've also cleared the cache in the phone app and restarted my phone multiple times but no luck.

0 Likes