Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 unable to hear phone calls

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 07:21 PM)
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
Since the system update on Wednesday, I can no longer hear phone calls either made by myself or to me. This includes the dial tone. All other sounds are still working including ringtone, media etc. 

This happened and after I restarted my phone, it worked once but having just gone to make a phone call again it's not working. I'm not going to keep restarting my phone every time I make a call. 

Has this happened to anyone else?
109 REPLIES 109
JohnInOhio
Apprentice
Options

This is happening to me on T-Mobile.  Does anyone know if this is just T-Mobile or for all carriers?  Also, this started happening on LTE for me as well as 5G.

DR3
Apprentice
Options

I also have T-Mobile.

0 Likes
Murad786
First Poster
Options
Have exactly the same problem on my s21 I just thought my phone was broken hope they fix this soon having to make all my calls through what's app right now
0 Likes
lendelbogdan
Explorer
Options

Change 5g call network to LTE

0 Likes
Lurking allegedly
First Poster
Options

I just got the phone Samsun Galaxy S21 on Friday 5.21.21.  Whenever I make a call when connected to WIFI or WIFI calling is on. The person can hear me but I cannot hear them.  I turned off WIFI calling, same issue.  I turn off WIFI all together same issue.  The only time I can hear when on a phone call is when am connect to Data (Tmobile).  I have restarted the phone multiple time.  This seems like a long standing issue.  Does an

0 Likes
nannymc
First Poster
Options
This is silly now. I'm with BT/EE and they're replacing my phone as I cannot hear all incoming calls. This is a business phone so I could be losing work on a daily basis. However, I've put my sim card back into my S8, it's done updates and now I'm having the issues with this phone too
0 Likes
porkradish
First Poster
Options

Same issues as others are reporting.  After the last update in May 2021.  Multiple times I have had to restart my phone to be able to either hear the caller or for the person I have called to hear me.  Another odd issue which happened once was while in my car with the phone connected via bluetooth....my car's interface kept saying my phone was dialing out....even though the phone did not appear to be making a call.  Very strange.

0 Likes
Makya
First Poster
Options

Just exchanged my earlier S9 which was working all fine with S21 - and got into this issue now. I use T-Mobile. I went through below posts and learnt 2 things ...

1. this is T-Mobile network only

2. avoid 5G ... ?

whowww - this is like paying for new problems. 

0 Likes
RH52
First Poster
Options

I haven't had my phone a month yet and I'm experiencing the exact same problems.  Outgoing and incoming calls they can't hear me or the call just drops after one ring 

0 Likes
Von4
Student
Options

I had the S9+.  So far, like you missing my old phone.  I even, briefly, looked at iPhone after I got this phone.