Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra overheating on multitasking

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 02:56 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Today I had that overheating warning again.this time at 45 degrees celsius.i was listening music on  YouTube connected  wireless to buds pro,surfing on Facebook  and the phone start getting hotter and hotter until after 2 hours that warning signs shows up..... I'm confused.... that's only 3  processes (apps ) this phone can't handle in the same time... what's the point of 16 GB if this phone can't handle 3 processes.  no good with multitasking...I'm gutted... Samsung really needs to sort out this phone, because as it is now it's a mess
52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I didn't used the smart switch.i started from the scratch because somehow I was thinking that it's better to do so...
Bt32
Voyager
Options
No idea then. My s21U just doesn't get hot or even warm. My old OP8pro ran warmer than this phone.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
@Anonymous User wrote:
so ,by the look of it you are one of the lucky ones with no overheating or any other issues.... that's convenient for you...

I do understand and I am sorry if you have problems.  I think they will be resolved soon enough, but it is only your choice whether you want to wait for the storm to end. 

My phone is far from perfect compared to some, but I have avoided the heat issues, so I can't relate to that.  Of course my concerns would probably be raised higher if i did see very high temps.  

But actually my screen on time is not great compared to many on here... and I do see some artefacts in my camera at low light... zoom... and other areas.  I am expecting these to be fixed.  

I am actually just thinking about doing a complete factory reset and syncing NOTHING... previously I put some apps on the phone by switch... but it does seem that the best advice is to perform a completely clean install...  This seems to cause a lot of problems.  

I am sorry if you think I am not at all bothered about the problems I read here... because it does raise my awareness and hope that these problems are software related.   

If you have the time, I would recommend you take the same action as me... a complete factory reset... and install all the apps you need from scratch again.  Only sync the phone numbers from a backup... and see if this changes the behaviour at all for you.   You will know once and for all if this fixes it... or not.  

Kind Regards

Smiley

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Well, mine heats up quickly while operating the camera and reaches roughly ~44c easily with video calls, but does not go up any higher than that and there is no overall performance degradation. Playing graphically-demanding games (Dead trigger 2 on ultra high) does not cause significant heating and runs smoothly  so I am betting it is a software issue that is related to other apps/processes some of us have running in the background and some do not. That being said this is my 2nd unit. The first one boiled easily to over ~50c with 5 minutes of video call and crashed the device. I used smart-switch on both units but on the 2nd one I manually cleared up many many apps and files.

I agree these are early days for the S21 series, but I completely disagree that an accepted solution is to not use smart-switch. Remember this is a software made by Samsung exactly for this purpose and is a basic step in upgrading ones phone. If the fault lies in the smart-switch process than either the smart-switch software is faulty or the software on the S21 phones is faulty. Either way - it is embarrassing and frankly outrageous for a company of Samsung's magnitude to sell ~$1400 phones with such low-level QA/QC.  This is not some cheap $100 phone off of Wish.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
just now

Screenshot_20210210-194457_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20210210-194512_Camera.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
happened just now...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
happened just now..🥺

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
mine got 26 degrees Celsius when I am outside in cold weather....
0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options
Really strange. I ran the cam for 3min just there, CPU levels are normal and coming out of the app and into temperature app it's running at about 30deg. Very cool with normal CPU. 🤷

Screenshot_20210210-195524_Cpu Monitor.jpg

Screenshot_20210210-195512_Camera.jpg

0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options
You need to return it for a replacement or refund because I've never seen that on mine.