Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAST/SUPER CHARGING (WIRED/WIRELESS) broken after May update - DO NOT DELETE THREAD

(Topic created on: 14-06-2023 11:55 AM)
Dexter_prog
Journeyman
Options

This is the 2nd thread I create after my previous was deleted as being incorrectly flagged as a duplicate of someone else's thread.

May update broke fast/super charging, either wireless or wired, for many of us with S21/+/ultra and maybe other models. There are lots of reports in reddit.

This is NOT related to nor resolved by:

- Cable

- Charger (wired or wireless)

- Fast/super charging notification changing to "charging" after 2 seconds in the pop-up

- Any of the options in the advanced battery settings (all fast/super charging settings are on)

- Dirty charging port (this is also affecting wireless)

- Phone overheating

- Wiping cache / factory resetting

Samsung, please address this mistake and provide a solution ASAP.

Some reddit posts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS21/comments/148iy7g/charger_is_not_super_fast_charging_anymore/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS21/comments/144q4bh/s21_ultra_slow_charging/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS21/comments/13wtdk3/last_update_broke_fast_super_fast_charging/

18 REPLIES 18
Dexter_prog
Journeyman
Options

I did

Kirstyl0u
Pathfinder
Options
As far as im aware they all say "super fast charging" then change to "charging". My s23plus does the same
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I've noticed the time to charge my S23U has increased significantly. It used to take around 15 minutes to go from 15 to 80% now it takes at least an hour or more. I think it is slow charging despite fast and super fast charging being enabled, I think timing was around May when it first slowed down but I can't specify whether it was a main update or a services app update. To be honest I haven't made a big deal of it as slow charging is better for the battery so it's no big deal for me. I use genuine Samsung 25w chargers and USB-C leads. It does seem to charge quicker via USB charging on power outlet.
Dexter_prog
Journeyman
Options

but why would you keep a flagship device that's clearly not charging as it should? I can't believe this is also happening in the S23 units. They ***** up big time.

Dexter_prog
Journeyman
Options

not the issue I'm describing.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
It doesn't bother too much as I know it will be corrected in an update. When I buy a device I consider more about what it can handle, what functions it can manage and how fast it works as well as the quality of pictures, music, internet etc. My battery charges to 100% just slower than it should so I'll give it until after the next update, if that doesn't fix it I might call in a service centre and get it checked out as there are external issues such as dust in the charging port etc that can contribute to poor charging speeds. I personally see slow charging as a minor issue and in a way bizarrely you could argue it's not such a bad thing as slow charging places the battery under much less stress
0 Likes
Dexter_prog
Journeyman
Options

Fingers crossed on it being fixed in an update, but I don't see a lot of reaction from Samsung and this seems to be affecting a select group of people. I have a friend with an S21U, same version of software as me, and his fast charging works just fine.

Kirstyl0u
Pathfinder
Options
Your 3rd bullet point?
0 Likes
Dexter_prog
Journeyman
Options

Exactly, NOT related to the notification changing from fast to charging.

0 Likes