Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture in port since last update on 22bd Nov 2023

(Topic created on: 23-11-2023 10:35 AM)
bobbajob
Student
Options
Yesterday my s21+ told me it needed a security update. I plugged it in and left it to update.

As soon as the update was finished and the phone rebooted it started ringing an alert alarm.

Moisture was now detected in the port and disconnect the charger immediately. Also information on how to clean the port of water and debris... it was working fine before the update and I did not touch it during. 

This has been caused by the update, there is no other explanation that makes sense. Even when off the phone gives the alert when plugged in... only charging very.slow via wireless. Took three hours yesterday to wireless charge from 23%

Not happy at all
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
LordJay
Pathfinder
Options
I had this with One UI 5.1 on my S21 Ultra. My solution was to use another cable to charge it (normally charged wireless) and restarting it the problem cleared.
Jay
0 Likes
bobbajob
Student
Options
Thank you for the message. I've tried the usual suggestions (and unusual) that were available on YouTube... sadly this seems to be a software issue, especially as it literally started when the phone restarted after the update. It hadn't been touched during the update, just sat there charging while updating
0 Likes
findtam
First Poster
Options
I have the exact same problem started to happen yesterday evening
Domesticated
Apprentice
Options
Check out this post on YouTube
https://youtu.be/lf3U3olvTwQ
0 Likes