Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dex & charging

(Topic created on: 15-10-2023 10:34 PM)
spean
Navigator
Options
Excuse my thickness people I'm totally tech thick! However my phone only mirroring but not letting Dex connect it goes straight to mirroring & do have a compatible Samsung smart TV..Part 2 When I put fast wireless charger in its not charging & saying USB connected then disconnected but won't charge? I do have a wireless charger but only 5 watt & takes over 3hrs to charge? I'm fine with that better than nothing, is this OK for battery as don't want to pay outrageous money for a connection issue & all my information on this & cannot afford a new phone..Anyway people thank you in advance for any advic, have tried to clean port but if coming up USB connected then it's obviously connectable ✌️👍

4 REPLIES 4
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

If I understand you right, you need a more powerful charger - if it isn't powerful enough, it'll not even charge - just barely keep the device running.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

spean
Navigator
Options
It's charging fine wireless! However when I put wired fast charger in it is saying USB connected then Disconnected in notifications panel...The wired chargers are fine, I believe maybe the port? As been told maybe a 3rd party app? Or something corrupted I've cleaned the port but still saying USB connected/ Disconnected but wireless charging fine just slow but only 5 watt 🙏✌️👍
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@spean  Are you using an official samsung charger, the S10 supports 15 watt charging.  you may need to check that there is no dirt /debris/mositure in the charging port.  In any case best to give it a clean.  possibly an issue with a 3rd party app, if you manage to get the wired charging to work in safe Mode that would indicate an issue with an app. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

However if does not work in safe mode an idea to clear the cache partition, sometimes this helps with such issues.  Temporary cache  files are deleted but data is intact.   Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

With regard to Dex issues ,assuming on same wireless Network advisable to Reboot both Devices and possibly the router as well.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

spean
Navigator
Options
James thank you very much indeed! Much appreciated 💯👍