Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ULTRA 5G UNRESPONSIVE SCREEN AFTER UI 6.1 UPDATE!

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
EthanElvin2019
Explorer
Options

"Dear Samsung Officials,

I am writing to you with a sense of urgency regarding the recent software update released by Samsung. It has come to my attention, as well as that of numerous customers, that there are significant issues and dissatisfaction surrounding this latest update.

The feedback I've gathered from our valued customers highlights a myriad of concerns, ranging from functionality glitches to performance slowdowns and compatibility issues with existing apps. This widespread discontent raises serious questions about the quality of the update testing and rollout processes, as well as the level of customer service being provided.

In today's competitive landscape, where consumer expectations are exceptionally high, it is imperative for companies like Samsung to prioritize customer satisfaction and promptly address any issues that arise. Failure to do so risks not only alienating existing customers but also damaging the brand's reputation and market standing.

Moreover, there is a genuine risk that if this negative trend continues unchecked, Samsung may face consequences similar to those experienced by Nokia in the past.

Therefore, I urge Samsung officials to take immediate and decisive action to rectify the issues identified with the latest update. This includes conducting a thorough investigation into the root causes of the problems, implementing timely fixes and patches, and enhancing communication channels with customers to keep them informed about the resolution process.

By demonstrating a proactive approach to addressing customer concerns and prioritizing user satisfaction, Samsung can not only mitigate the current challenges but also strengthen its position as a leader in the industry and build long-term loyalty and trust among its customer base.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I eagerly anticipate seeing swift and effective measures taken to resolve the issues at hand.

Sincerely,
Your Disappointed Customer

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @EthanElvin2019  There can be a bit of a Battery Drain after updates as the AI relearns useage, however depends if this is excessive.  It is advisable to clear the cache partition after updates as some temporary cache files can be outmoded  or in some cases corrupt.  The following steps should be followed:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer , other Device or TV USB, Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

you can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu and or run the Galaxy Apps Booster from  the Good Guardians suite.  Some optimisation techniques here though may not wish to use them all  for the best experience.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-optimise-and-extend-the-battery-life-on-... 

if issues persist advisable to send an Error Report  so that problems can be logged  and should receive some feedback. Go to Samsung Members-Support-Send Feedback-Error Reports.   Select Appropriate category, include a description and ensure that the option to send system logs is ticked.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
EthanElvin2019
Explorer
Options

This proposed solution isn't sufficient to address the issue for all users. The main challenge revolves around the malfunctioning of UI 6.1. It's imperative for us to receive official communication from Samsung regarding their perspective on this matter. Our phones have been unusable for approximately a month now, and the option of purchasing a new OEM screen directly from Samsung is not financially viable; the cost is comparable to that of buying an entirely new phone.

so SAMSUNG what now?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You would need to  send Error Reports or seek assistance from the Moderator Team via Private Message  via the Team Account at @Sam_UK   .Detail on how to send a private Message here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...   The community is primarily for customers to share their experience, give advice with some input from Moderators (staff).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
EthanElvin2019
Explorer
Options

Even after seeking assistance from Samsung support, the problem remains unresolved. However, I believe that engaging with the community can offer additional perspectives and insights. Communities serve as open forums where users can share their experiences, discuss concerns, and collaborate to find solutions. By leveraging the collective knowledge and expertise within the community, there's a greater chance of addressing the issue effectively. 

And let the Samsung Official to hear this out!

Members_65O0JB6
First Poster
Options

وانا ايضا توقف تاتش الشاشه بعد التحديث الاخير  ساتحول الى  ايفون واترك سامسونج الى الابد  

0 Likes
michok63
Explorer
Options

If you have this versions you can't roll back.

samfw.com/firmware/SM-G998U1/XAA

1. G998U1UESBGXF1
  2. G998U1UESBGXE1
0 Likes