Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5G asking for Mic permission every time on phonecalls

(Topic created on: 11-08-2023 04:05 PM)
Members_I3P9lPr
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, I have been having this issue for a while. Don't exactly know when it started occuring. 

The issue is as follows:
Every time I get an incoming or make an outgoing phonecall the default phone app asks for Mic permission, regardless of wether I accept or deny the permission at that moment the Mic won't work and the person on the other side of the call will not hear me.

Checking the app in settings it always already has the permission to use the Mic. So it shouldn't need to ask for it again...

Only way to fix it is by restarting my phone, which right now seems to be necessary multiple times a day. And is a very cumbersome process every time I get an incoming call to deny it (or accept and just listing to them wondering why i'm not answering), restart my phone, call them back...

I already tried the following:

- Remove and clean SIM-card
- Factory reset
- Download different phonecall app - same issue happens there too

Any ideas why this is happening and how this could be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you try Safe Mode just to see if something you have downloaded is causing conflict @Members_I3P9lPr 

If that fails then give clearing your cache files a go. 

• Settings > Apps > Phone > Storage > Clear Cache > Try again to see if that helps. 

A more comprehensive clear of Cache Files for the phone is to clear the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section. 

• Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

I appreciate you've carried out a factory reset but did you then set your phone back up using a Samsung Cloud Backup ? If so then if the issue is caused by something in the back up then using it could have reintroduced the issue.

You could try a factory reset but then don't use your back up to set the phone back up.

Set it up as new and try making a call. 

There is also a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App. 

Finally a Samsung Service Centre can assess the phone. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
thefad3done
Explorer
Options
I'd check in settings > apps > choose default apps, that the phone app is set there. I had an issue earlier in the year where I ended up having two different phone apps and that wasn't set at all to any app which caused me bother l, but selecting the correct one there solved it.
0 Likes