Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Samsung Music" not letting me access folder heirarchy!

(Topic created on: 16-05-2023 08:11 PM)
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
I have installed the latest version of "Samsung Music" (Version 16.2.30) and cannot find a way to navigate my filing system! If I click on Folders in "Samsung Music" I am given a long list of all the subfolders inside my five main folders, and so the subfolders are all mixed up!

A previous version of "Samsung Music" allowed me to easily navigate the folders of music on my SD card. Is there a trick that I am missing?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
I have found information online showing that under Internal Storage there is a folder called Samsung containing a subfolder called Music, and so if I were to put my folder hierarchy into that Music folder then the Samsung Music app would see that folder hierarchy. However, I have my folder hierarchy on my huge SD card, and there is not room in the Internal Storage area of my phone for all of my music.

So I guess the question is: Can I force Samsung Music to look at my SD card?
0 Likes
Peibyn
Explorer
Options
Completely by chance, I have stumbled upon the necessary option, on one of the screens of the Samsung Music app, this option offering one the chance to use "Tree" structure. After clicking this "Tree" option the app immediately diverted to my SD card and its folder hierarchy, allowing me to navigate my folder hierarchy however I choose. So now I can choose a category of music and tell Samsung music to shuffle the tracks in all the subfolders in that category, OR I can navigate to a particular subfolder in that category and only play the tracks in that subfolder.

The Tree option ought to appear in Samsung Music apps Settings section! It ought not to be buried away on just one screen deep inside the app, where it was pure chance that I came across it.
0 Likes