Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 stuck on Samsung logo since One UI 6 update

(Topic created on: 03-01-2024 06:30 PM)
julyweezer
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

I updated my S21 to One UI 6 on 28th December - on 31st December my phone froze with green pixels and restarted - I was worried that was the end of it but it restarted and was OK - crashed once more, and a couple of times on 1st Jan.

Then on 2nd Jan it just kept crashing and restarting, and is now at the point when it is just stuck on Samsung logo. I have looked online and I have tried;

• Hard reset (can only get it to buzz, go black and then restart to Samsung logo)
  • Wipe cache partition (only been able to get into recovery mode that once)
  • Letting discharge and recharge
  • Connect to laptop (won't recognise it)
  • Can't now get to recovery mode or safe mode

I feel like I have tried all online advice - if I could get it to connect to something to check the data is there and try and remove it I would. But I can't get it to turn on/off properly, connect to anything or do anything that Samsung logo or reboot to Samsung logo.

At my wits end! Is this a One UI problem or a hardware issue?

12 REPLIES 12
ValWeaver
Journeyman
Options
Boot looping is not usually due to software, typically when a device starts boot looping it's due to a key hardware component failing (with my old phone it kept boot looping due to a faulty battery) tbh I'm not entirely certain either, have you checked with Samsung Support?
AndrewL
Options

@julyweezer: Please can you try powering off the device, then press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together to see if you're able to boot the device in this manner? If not, connect the phone to your home computer (don't worry if it doesn't recognise the connection) and press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons until you see the Samsung logo, then release. If you're able to enter Recovery mode, use the Volume Up/Down buttons to navigate the menu, and select 'Wipe cache partition' using the Power button. 

If the device remains in a boot loop state, then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch with our Support Team via your preferred contact method, and an advisor will be able to arrange for the device to be inspected and repaired by an authorised Samsung engineer.  

julyweezer
Apprentice
Options

I went through the troubleshooting and they said to book an appointment (nearest one is miles away) so wanted exhaust all options before I make a trip! Looks like a mod has replied below so sounds like a trip/send off is in order! Thank you.

0 Likes
julyweezer
Apprentice
Options

Thank you - I will try to get in recovery mode then if I can't I will arrange an appointment - do you know if there is a way to retrieve the data as my concern is it will come back fixed but blank! Thank you.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@julyweezer: If you arrange an inspection with one of our engineers, then the device will be returned to its default factory settings as part of the repair process. With this in mind, an external backup would need to have been created in order to recover your data. You should find that your Google and Samsung accounts, when re-registered, will restore some of your personal data such as contacts and calendar entries, however this will be limited depending on your existing backup and sync options. I apologise for any inconvenience this might cause you. 

0 Likes
andreasJ21
First Poster
Options

Hello, I am using the Samsung S21 5G Snapdragon variant, but I have not yet received the ONE UI 6 update. Are you using the Exynos variant?

0 Likes
Sol333
First Poster
Options
I very much doubt a hardware issue as the same has happened to mine with the same update on the exact same week and a quick Google shows 100s of others all at the same time 🤷🏻
0 Likes
iboris
Student
Options
Yes fine but will this be free of charge as its samsungs fault
0 Likes
Omega5102
First Poster
Options

Same phone, same problem after applying the same update

0 Likes