Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 stuck on Samsung logo since One UI 6 update

(Topic created on: 03-01-2024 06:30 PM)
julyweezer
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

I updated my S21 to One UI 6 on 28th December - on 31st December my phone froze with green pixels and restarted - I was worried that was the end of it but it restarted and was OK - crashed once more, and a couple of times on 1st Jan.

Then on 2nd Jan it just kept crashing and restarting, and is now at the point when it is just stuck on Samsung logo. I have looked online and I have tried;

• Hard reset (can only get it to buzz, go black and then restart to Samsung logo)
  • Wipe cache partition (only been able to get into recovery mode that once)
  • Letting discharge and recharge
  • Connect to laptop (won't recognise it)
  • Can't now get to recovery mode or safe mode

I feel like I have tried all online advice - if I could get it to connect to something to check the data is there and try and remove it I would. But I can't get it to turn on/off properly, connect to anything or do anything that Samsung logo or reboot to Samsung logo.

At my wits end! Is this a One UI problem or a hardware issue?

12 REPLIES 12
iboris
Student
Options
Yes at a cost if its out of warranty when it's samsungs fault all because of update
0 Likes
ThatsColt
First Poster
Options

I know this post is mostly dead but I am having the same issue as of 03/21/24. I was able to find a temporary work around to get my files backed up. Put the phone in the freezer. It seems there's an issue with the temp sensor firmware. after about 15 minutes in the cold the phone stopped bootlooping and is stable enough to run back ups 

julyweezer
Apprentice
Options
Ooooh OK! I never got to the bottom of mine so may be worth a try thank you!