Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s21 fe 5g Freeezing and restarting. Not getting any help

(Topic created on: 16-05-2023 04:20 PM)
robbedhondt
Journeyman
Options

I bought a samsung galaxy s21 fe 5g at Elgiganten, Stockholm. After a few weeks, I started having issues with the phone freezing and restarting.

After trying to find a solution myself (Clearing cache, factory reset, ... nothing worked) I was suggested to send the phone to a service center by Elgiganten. After 2 weeks, the phone was returned and they stated they did a factory reset and nothing was wrong with the phone. They also said not to use the transfer of apps from my old phone (which I didn't do in the first place). After using it for a couple of days, the same issues appeared. Freezing, restarting, up to 5-10 times a day.

I filed a lot of errors in the Samsung Members app, they replied "Based on the information in the submitted error report, it is demonstrated that there is a perceived hardware error on the device. In these cases, you, unfortunately, need to visit the nearest service workshop to have a service technician look at the device. You can either contact mcare sweden directly or contact the retailers who offer service to a certain extent."

So, I went to mcare, who told me the only thing they can do is do a factory reset, run some videos and see if the errors appear. They don't have access to the Error reports I have been filing to the Samsung Members app. If they don't find anything "wrong" after the factory reset + running videos, they could not help me AND I would have to pay for this "Service". I didn't want to risk this (after the first service center claimed nothing was wrong), so I tried a factory reset at home, ran videos for a couple of days and nothing happened to the phone. I thought, ok, maybe it is fixed (for some weird reason). But as soon as I log in to my google account; install some of apps, the phone is again unworkable. Same issue: freezing and restarting

I CAN NOT USE THIS PHONE. SOMETIMES IT'S STUCK IN LOOPS OF FREEZING AND RESTARTING FOR 30 MINUTES OR MORE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AGAIN A FEW HOURS LATER.

How is it possible that you know and confirmed there is something wrong with my phone, and you don't want to help me. 

I can't do anything with this phone and you and your partnered service center (who for some weird reason don't have access to your error reports?!) are not doing anything. Horrible service!

2 REPLIES 2
sapphire5
Apprentice
Options

i posted to the forum a few setting changes to my s21 ultra. can you confirm if this works for you too? i first updated everything in playstore and software update, but my phone still freezes alot. so i tried 2 more things:

settings > battery and device care > battery > turn off "device protection"

this helped a bit but still a lot of freezes happen.

#2 after a few weeks i tried:

settings > battery and device care > battery > background usage limits > turn off the "put unused apps to sleep"

this one worked wonders for me so far. 

let me know if this helped? just trying to help, hope this works for you as it did for me!

0 Likes
Lilpanini69
First Poster
Options

This is happening right now to my Samsung galaxy s21 FE 5g idk what can i do it just freezes and restarts randomly multiple times a day. Im very disappointed in Samsung right now i was always a loyal customer when it comes to buying a phone, but now with this issue im thinking about changing my phone to other maker, i hope this problem is resolved so i don't have to take such measures.

0 Likes