Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone ring without any reason

(Topic created on: 07-02-2022 05:24 PM)
Daniel Anton
Journeyman
Options

Hello, one week ago i make update to my s21 and from that i have a issue, the phone ring in the morning and afternoon without any reason. I make factory reset And same problem, all the time I have to restat the phone.

79 REPLIES 79
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
you can set a ringtone file for anything be it an unlock sound or a notification sound or even a update complete confirmation it can literally be made to go off instead of a click when you tap a space bar. so potentially it's a file issue or a buddy is messing with you but the sound file used for calls has been saved and set off by something else.
0 Likes
Blueboy68
Journeyman
Options
That's slightly patronising. I use 'ringtones' extensively for calls, apps, alarms, particular contacts. The sound I heard is not in my sound files
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
apologies. not everyone is as clued up with tech so often you need to overly explain and not assume because you know the other does too. which I know is annoying when you do.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
if its not in sound files. it's a system file ie you'll need root access to see it. or it's an apps individual files. or just really buried.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
have you tried installing an app that monitors which apps are triggering ? ie you could just clear battery stats and wait for the sound and immediately check to see what was last active. or just check now but its probably a lot. but apps can flash up saying which apps are triggering at that moment in time.
0 Likes
Blueboy68
Journeyman
Options
Ok. After the alarm stopped there were no related notifications. I searched through notification history and there was nothing related there. I try to solve problems myself because Samsung and Google typically do not have answers. E.g. Samsung don't seem to know why I can switch my Samsung TV off but not on in Smartthings. And they spent a LOT of time trying. I've had people tell me certain things CANNOT happen when they definitely have. Often Google says Go to This, click That .... But there's no That. It's a mindset. A refusal to accept anything outside their known world.
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
lmao dw I had this same issue when my phone was randomly launching home. even after showing them logcat showing it was their backup system that was the culprit (spammed intent to backup system apps which Samsungs own security stopped) causing a loop and a crash (when they switched to one drive away from drive) it even happened in safe mode. the rep on the phone laughed because he looked and my 2 Yr guarantee expired a couple days prior. I was told it would cost me £25 to flash and fix when it was indeed their update that was the issue. so i know you pain.
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
shall we keep using this thread as I can't keep track of all the msgs. I'm assuming you've tried safe mode? how frequent is the issue?
0 Likes
NikhilNShetty12
Student
Options

I'm having same issue

S21 Ultra 5G

@Samsung pls fix this ASAP!

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It may be prudent to list what apps you all installed on top of the default selection the affected devices came with and from which app store you got them. Version numbers too if you can. If it was a standard app causing this, the number of reports would be through the roof. As it is I only see 3 people here. You need to establish a common cause somehow...
0 Likes