Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the software DOWNGRADES?? I'm p****d Samsung

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Members_RP1HmV5
First Poster
Options

I own an S20 in perfect condition, a beautiful piece of hardware. Now I received an update and being weary of downgrades (my previous phone got underclocked to being unusable) so I checked reddit first and the update is reported to have decreased camera quality.

The update notification sits in there without any visible way to disable and dismiss and I am seriously pissed that SAMSUNG IS DESTROYING MY PROPERTY. I am a long time Samsung fan but this is something I will never be happy with.

I honestly hope UE will bring attention to this topic soon and will ban this kind of practices very soon.

Meanwhile, is rooting the only alternative to downgrades? Because I do not agree to having the quality of my device diminished. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Members_RP1HmV5: I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. Updates typically bring with them a host of new features and improvements, so I would always recommend installing them, if only for compatibility purposes. The prompt in the Status bar cannot be removed once an update has been downloaded, so please swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, tap on the notification, and hit 'Install'. I am unaware of any degradation to the camera quality in any recent updates, and can't speak for any third parties that may have reported this. If you would prefer to manually search for updates in the future then please head to Settings > Software update, and toggle off 'Auto download over Wi-Fi'. 

keith30
Maestro
Options
You do realise you don't have to install the software updates, that's your wish. If you have the setting to automatically update it will or you can toggle off any further updates in the settings. If you've been a Samsung customers you would know that. If you do downgrade it's your choice.
Archangel89
Apprentice
Options
I know you are all doing your best to improve things. Slowly does it. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Women hui woman who
0 Likes
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
There's an option to enable " enhanced processing " that speeds up the cpu speed.
0 Likes
Alysson Camilo
First Poster
Options

I got an update on my S20 and now it's stopping my YouTube Premium videos, as well it starts to play a video from the galary out of the blue. Shame on Samsung.

0 Likes