Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone ring without any reason

(Topic created on: 07-02-2022 05:24 PM)
Daniel Anton
Journeyman
Options

Hello, one week ago i make update to my s21 and from that i have a issue, the phone ring in the morning and afternoon without any reason. I make factory reset And same problem, all the time I have to restat the phone.

79 REPLIES 79
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
no I disagree 10000s of 1 star reviews on Google play blaming the app for not working. when in reality it was a system update. 99.99% of ppl put a bad review and wait for a fix. they dont look for a fix. also each country has its own members section so no other country can comment or read this without it being automatically archived in a month. so if for example canadas community found a fix we wouldn't know
0 Likes
Nasthick
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, and that same annoying Galaxy bells ringtone for no reason. Please let me know if your problem is fixed and if so how?

0 Likes
NikhilNShetty12
Student
Options

Fixed the issue!

I just deleted the 2-3 recent installed apps. And then it was gone. No more random ringing. FYI its the notification caused by the apps

Fleming6
First Poster
Options

I have been having this problem since the software update recently. It is very annoying. 

0 Likes
Nasthick
First Poster
Options

No it didnt work!

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Okay suit yourself but a system update issue would make ALL phones do the same and thousands of people would be complaining, not just two or three.
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
well potentially. but let's crunch some math. aprox 0.01% of samsung users have ever come to the samsung members forum. then remember that there's over 100 different versions of samsung members. (1 for every country and often region) then factor in that the updates are staggered . so its released for example in the uk a week before France. then factor in that it could only affect exynos variants maybe not qualcomm. maybe its based on the firmware. each update has loads if variants depending on the firmware. now in the past 3 years my s10 has been broken by 3 separate software updates that came wirelessly. not something I've added but pushed directly from samsung. and on all 3 occasions they declared it was a user app. and safe mode would fix. on all occasions it was due to their update. safe mode didn't. also at a guess 99% of users would just walk into samsung and get them to fix. and ironically the samsung chap who fixed my device told me that these minor bugs happen all the time he personally has encountered issues like this that no one knows what's happened and they just flash a new firmware and be done with it. so potentially yes I expect maybe only 3 or 4 ppl to have the issue. my most reset issue was caused by tiktok being uninstalled and the new one drive trying to back up the app that had been removed over 2 months prior. but that was something that was force added and a system app that I couldn't remove also it tried to backup drives folder which caused it to crash. but that was included in the samsung software update. not something I did. at a guess their issue is they all have an app in common and with android 12 being new. said apps library is being trigger somehow. maybe its a music piece from an advert. I would actually recommend they run sd maid and clear out any old files and see if that does the job
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
do you know which app?
0 Likes
Fleming6
First Poster
Options

Has anyone had success or a solution/steps to fix this?

This is so annoying and the customer support does not seem to give a *****

0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
the fix is to reset the app(s) thats causing the notification to ring. now its probably any app that's recently updated or any app since the software update. basically at some point in the software update ( one of your apps has had its permissions changed and now is accidentally hitting up your ringtone) there's no way to know which so yes uninstalling the last few added apps may work but if its since a software update then it could if been installed a month prior. or longer. I recommend you backup your entire device with a pc. then go into safe mode and see if it happens. if it doesn't then its a user app. if it does then its a system app. if its a user app you will need to trial and error by uninstalling a few . 1 by 1. try uninstalling the apps that won't loose their data . ie Facebook, messenger , WhatsApp, any games that login. (remember it may be that it's a few apps that haven't dealt with the new android 12+ clash with samsung) if the problem persisted in safe mode. you know the culprit is a system app or a pre installed app. try to uninstall updates on pre installed apps, try disabling the apps first. if no luck in settings try reseting all settings (settings, general management, reset , reset settings(this can also help if its a user app)). if no joy you'll need to reset the phone. and if that doesn't work its under guarantee contact Samsung or DIY it you can flash a new firmware however if done wrong this can brick it. so just hold it our and let Samsung fix it on your driveway.
0 Likes