Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New One UI update bricked my S21

(Topic created on: 05-01-2024 03:10 PM)
Yerac
Journeyman
Options
Spoke to man in phone shop who has seen several customers with the same. Just showing Samsung screen after soft resets. Just over 2 years old, £600! Grrr
8 REPLIES 8
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Can you please provide more information?
Yerac
Journeyman
Options
Screen froze, reset itself, stuck on Samsung start page. Tried soft reset including plugged in. Plugged into laptop. Nothing. Just resets over & over but stuck on Samsung screen. Just had new update.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you able to factory data reset
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Yerac  whilst there have been some customers with issues not universal, my S21 Ultra has been fine- not that it minimises your difficulty.   was it  not possible to boot into Recovery Mode or solve it otherwise?   Which store did you visit , have you considered approaching a Samsung Service centre?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Yerac
Journeyman
Options
Just goes back to same screen
0 Likes
Yerac
Journeyman
Options
I'm going to go to the samsung shop tomorrow. Not sure if it's a service centre, I'll have a look. Just went into a phone repair shop to ask advice. Couldn't boot it at all
tam1953
Navigator
Options
Hi Yerac, sorry to hear about the trouble your having,
If I'm honest I sometimes wish this ***** new OS system "bricked" my phone,
I'm no techy geek just a run of the mill everyday user but I know trash when I use it , as far as I'm concerned this new operating system should have been thrown out with last years Christmas tree
0 Likes
PhilTee
First Poster
Options
It did the same to mine for about 4/5 days of me trying to force a hard reset (volume down plus power for ~7 seconds.) looked on various forums that suggested leaving it until the battery went flat which I tried but it didn't get there then on day 5 it finally came back to life.
I must have tried to force the restart 30+ times.
Now it works but the UI is seriously laggy and giving me issues getting back to the home screen but generally it's working OK otherwise.
0 Likes