Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 switching off

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
GabsGM
First Poster
Options
After the 6.1 update my S21 will randomly turn off and wont come back on until I force start it .. any1 having the same problems? And know how to solve it? Thank you

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@GabsGM: Please restart your phone in Safe mode, as this will disable all third party apps and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. 

To enter Safe mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

With Safe mode active, monitor the performance of the device for a few hours, based on the frequency that you encounter the issue. If you find that the restarts no longer occur, then please restart your Galaxy S21 as you would normally and uninstall any apps that you have added to the device since you first encountered the issue. It won't be possible to determine exactly which app is at fault, therefore we recommend approaching this via a process of elimination. 

0 Likes
DavidC_Surrey
Journeyman
Options
Great. How do we uninstall the one ii 6.1 update please?
0 Likes
DottyD
Journeyman
Options
I've been having this issue for 2 years, random restart 20+ times a day. Spoken with so many Samsung users and it's a common fault. Going to upgrade but not sure if it'll be Samsung again 🤔
0 Likes