Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mise à jour logiciel

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
yannkarl_
Student
Options

I just received the notification for the new update to One UI 6.1 on my Galaxy S21 Ultra. I currently read some reports of bugs after installation of this new update and I'm afraid. Is it safe enough for my device? Can I install it? Help please 

#OneUI6.1 #S21Ultra 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin999
Maestro
Options
If your device is stock, not flashed, rooted, or messed about with in other ways, then go for it.

Notification catagories will need to be enabled after the update. Settings>notifications > advanced settings > manage notification catagories for each app. Toggle that ON.

If you currently use swipe gestures, then expect that to change. You'll need to install Good Lock app from Galaxy store and install the NavStar module.

Your AOD screen might be too dim in bright sunlight. If so, you'll need to install the Lock Star module to enable the brightness slider.

If you've had a non authorised screen replacement, your device screen may (and I stress may) become unresponsive.

Some 3rd party apps may not work anymore, but that's usually down to the app developer. Check for app updates or reach out to developer.

Finally, ensure you wipe the phones cache partition after the update, to help keep the device running smoothly. Instructions can be given later if and when you've updated the phone.

Im sure you've seen many other horror stories so it's really up to you how you proceed. We're here if you need any help.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Robin999
Maestro
Options
If your device is stock, not flashed, rooted, or messed about with in other ways, then go for it.

Notification catagories will need to be enabled after the update. Settings>notifications > advanced settings > manage notification catagories for each app. Toggle that ON.

If you currently use swipe gestures, then expect that to change. You'll need to install Good Lock app from Galaxy store and install the NavStar module.

Your AOD screen might be too dim in bright sunlight. If so, you'll need to install the Lock Star module to enable the brightness slider.

If you've had a non authorised screen replacement, your device screen may (and I stress may) become unresponsive.

Some 3rd party apps may not work anymore, but that's usually down to the app developer. Check for app updates or reach out to developer.

Finally, ensure you wipe the phones cache partition after the update, to help keep the device running smoothly. Instructions can be given later if and when you've updated the phone.

Im sure you've seen many other horror stories so it's really up to you how you proceed. We're here if you need any help.
0 Likes
yannkarl_
Student
Options

It's so much clearer now. Thanks for the advices. I'll go for it