Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSC code change S21 Ultra UK

(Topic created on: 29-10-2023 08:01 AM)
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I recently bought a new to me S21 Ultra which had EE branded firmware on with CSC code EVR. I wanted to change this to an unbranded UK code, I've done this with previous handsets to be able to participate in beta programmes, so it's not something I'm new to. However, I firstly changed to EUX and could not open Samsung Memebers app, it stated this app is not available in this country/region or something of the like. So I changed it to BTU which gave me BTU/BTU,BTU/EUX/EVR, Samsung Members app worked fine however I couldn't seem to pull through the latest October update. 

I've sinced flashed it via Odin but worried I will not be able to get OTA updates now, does the third CSC value (EUX) which relates to the region have anything to do with this? Can anyone with a factory BTU S21 Ultra share their CSC codes please so I can compare? I've read that there was a release problem with handsets coming pre loaded with EUX code and not changing to BTU, would be interesting to see other people's CSC codes.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
OPERAWORLD
Explorer
Options
This same thing happened to me some months ago when i want to get beta program the i would advise u to change it to EVR back to get the latest OTA software update
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would recommend you ask the question at xda forums where ther are more technical people who might be able to help you.

These forums are more for general help and tips.

If you know what you are doing well and good
If not rather don't do it.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Did changing it back to EVR sort it for you?
0 Likes
OPERAWORLD
Explorer
Options
Yes bro
0 Likes
OPERAWORLD
Explorer
Options
After changing it back i get October update
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't mess with the phones firmware as it invalidates any warranties and can brick your phone if something goes wrong e.g corrupted or infected firmware download, faulty lead, pc crash etc. I tend to only experiment with stuff like that if it's an older or cheaper model or if my phone is not accessible due to software fault. I.e I'm happy to lose the phone if it goes pear shaped.

I have an EE supplied device which is unlocked and not branded but as it was supplied by a network provider I don't think it is eligible for the beta test OI 6 but to be honest I'm happy to wait as I need my phone fully functional and the betas have several apps that can't be used e.g Google wallet etc and my bank doesn't support Samsung wallet or curve. Always be aware of implications when beta testing to ensure you are aware of any implications. My advice would be steer clear of flashing your own firmware unless it's urgent or your happy to risk losing your phone especially with expensive flagship devices. Hope this helps
0 Likes