Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE 5G No SIM/No Service

(Topic created on: 28-10-2023 11:38 PM)
antoniosilva73
Apprentice
Options

I just bought a new phone and when I tried to use the SIM card, the phone just doesn't find it. It looks like the network setup for the phone is completely disabled and it keeps on showing the no signal sign.

I have tried all the possible solutions posted here, but the problem doesn't get solved. 

0 Likes

5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@antoniosilva73: Further to the above, if you purchased your S21 FE from a reputable retailer, and you are confident that the phone is intended for use in your region, then please check to make sure that your SIM is correctly inserted in your device. For a guide, please refer to page 14 of the user manual by following the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202302/20230209133334680/SM-G990_UM_EU_TT_Eng_Rev.2.0_...

Now, head to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access point names, and check to make sure that your network plan is registered here. If it isn't, tap the 3 dots in the top right > Reset to default, to see if this helps. Tap the Back button > Network operators > Select automatically, and make sure that this is toggled on. 

If the problem persists, power off your phone, remove the SIM card and give the gold contacts a rub with a dry, microfibre cloth, then re-insert it and power the device back on. When the phone has finished booting, check the top left corner of the lock screen, where your network details should be visible. 

To further troubleshoot the issue, please head to Settings > Connections > SIM card manager, and make sure that your SIM is recognised, and toggled on. Also, you may wish to head to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings, although please be aware that this will also reset your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings. If you continue to see the 'not registered on network' notification, then please try your SIM card in another compatible phone, as this will help to determine if the problem lies with the phone, or your SIM/network provider. 

View solution in context

Solution
antoniosilva73
Apprentice
Options

Dear AndrewL

Thank you very much for your support. As I mentioned before, the phone was bought from a big retailer here in Switzerland two days ago. 

All these menu options you mentioned are just not available in the menu. As if the phone were blocked for mobile network. I am sending it to the Support per post, since a ticket was already open and the phone has warranty. Samsung will have to solve the problem for me, since I legally acquired the phone. Thank you again for your attention. 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why don't you take it back with your sim card and ask them why it don't work, easier surely? They can prove to you it's not faulty? If they can't get it working then get your money back

View solution in context

Solution
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Personally I would be returning it for replacement given what the OP has said on here 👌

View solution in context

Solution
antoniosilva73
Apprentice
Options

That's what I am doing. I just learned they sold me a phone that was supposed to be for demos only. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Where did you buy the phone from? A retailer? Or private seller?
Piper123
Maestro
Options
If you've tried all the obvious solutions, the question of where you bought the device may be important.

My initial thought is that the device has had its IMEI blocked. I.E. the device may be reported as stolen or previously an insurance claim.

You can check the IMEI status online.
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@antoniosilva73: Further to the above, if you purchased your S21 FE from a reputable retailer, and you are confident that the phone is intended for use in your region, then please check to make sure that your SIM is correctly inserted in your device. For a guide, please refer to page 14 of the user manual by following the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202302/20230209133334680/SM-G990_UM_EU_TT_Eng_Rev.2.0_...

Now, head to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access point names, and check to make sure that your network plan is registered here. If it isn't, tap the 3 dots in the top right > Reset to default, to see if this helps. Tap the Back button > Network operators > Select automatically, and make sure that this is toggled on. 

If the problem persists, power off your phone, remove the SIM card and give the gold contacts a rub with a dry, microfibre cloth, then re-insert it and power the device back on. When the phone has finished booting, check the top left corner of the lock screen, where your network details should be visible. 

To further troubleshoot the issue, please head to Settings > Connections > SIM card manager, and make sure that your SIM is recognised, and toggled on. Also, you may wish to head to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings, although please be aware that this will also reset your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings. If you continue to see the 'not registered on network' notification, then please try your SIM card in another compatible phone, as this will help to determine if the problem lies with the phone, or your SIM/network provider. 

antoniosilva73
Apprentice
Options

I live in Switzerland and bought the device from a very big retailer here called Migros. 

If they dared to sell me a stolen phone, this will have serious consequences for them. I have the receipt and everything. I bought the phone two days ago.

0 Likes
antoniosilva73
Apprentice
Options

I bought it two days ago from a big retailer called Migros, here in Switzerland. I also live here and used a SIM card that has been working perfectly, which I use right now to reply to you in a different phone 

0 Likes
Solution
antoniosilva73
Apprentice
Options

Dear AndrewL

Thank you very much for your support. As I mentioned before, the phone was bought from a big retailer here in Switzerland two days ago. 

All these menu options you mentioned are just not available in the menu. As if the phone were blocked for mobile network. I am sending it to the Support per post, since a ticket was already open and the phone has warranty. Samsung will have to solve the problem for me, since I legally acquired the phone. Thank you again for your attention. 🙂

0 Likes
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why don't you take it back with your sim card and ask them why it don't work, easier surely? They can prove to you it's not faulty? If they can't get it working then get your money back
Solution
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Personally I would be returning it for replacement given what the OP has said on here 👌
Solution
antoniosilva73
Apprentice
Options

That's what I am doing. I just learned they sold me a phone that was supposed to be for demos only. 

0 Likes