Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring android 13, or even android 14 to S10 5G.

(Topic created on: 25-09-2023 01:35 PM)
WinstonSmith
Pathfinder
Options
Hi,
I know that it's an old, ancient phone.
I understand that it costs money and resources to make it. 
But, look at this from a different perspective. 
Apple has a tradition of supporting its smartphones for ages. 
And that's why their iPhones keeps their values for the longer time, 
so, they are a better investments. 
But, if you're selling your old Samsung, 
let's say after two years, 
its value is lower, 
because of the future updates. 
I gave my Samsung Galaxy S10 5G to my friend and this phone is still technically capable of handling android 13.
In the meantime, I had a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G and now I have 
a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G and it's a great phone, but S10 5G has a special place in my heart, I really loved this phone. 
It will increase Samsung's reputation as a manufacturer, who is supporting its own products for a longer time. 

10 REPLIES 10
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
To be honest now samsung is much better. You get 4 ui updates now which for me isn't bad at all. Still doesn't match apples 5 to 6 but you got to remember for apple it's easy as they control everything. Back in the s10 days samsung wasn't as good I believe it was 2 or 3 years back then.
WinstonSmith
Pathfinder
Options
I know.
I'm a mobile phone user since 1998,
and my first smartphone was Nokia N70.
And my first Samsung smartphone was Omnia.
Just Samsung needs to understand the importance and value of S10 5G as the first widely available 5G phone on the market.
Technically,
in the previous
decade (2019).
Lots of people have this phone, because of nostalgia,
as their spare phones.
Besides it's still a good phone, even today,
despite being almost five years old.
The first,
originally sealed iPhone has been sold for 40K$,
so there is a cult-like obsession with Apple and Samsung can just dream of in its wet dream.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea true I know what you mean. The s10 was a turning point and could have been supported longer. My biggest irritation is the tablets. I have a tab s7 which is a cracking device however this year despite having a decent snap dragon 865 chip inside they will stop support. I am forced to buy an s9 I would have waited one more year probably. It is getting better though
0 Likes
WinstonSmith
Pathfinder
Options
In the U.S., Apple has 54% market share.
Samsung about 25%.
I know, it's one system of one company against the second system of many companies,
but anyway.
The longer term support will create a fan base.
I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G and I'm not also satisfied with the frequency of its updates.
Your tablet is still pretty decent, so Samsung should have been supporting your tablet.
S9 tablets are great,
but if your S7 is still enough to you, it's a shame.
That's exactly what I'm talking about.
The longer-term support will bring a new customers.
For example,
Motorola, as a traditional American manufacturer and an inventor of the mobile phone has just 8% of market share in their home country.
Because Motorola has just two years of software updates.
Apple is supporting its products for ages.
So it's a safer future investment.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yes I agree with this. My orginal point is with the s series phones at least its got much better but your right they can still do more. Its great that an iPhone XR can still get ios 17. Am I right in saying the s10 is the equivalent year? That died 2 years ago. Your also right about Motorola they are great little phones but ready for the bin in 2 years. Hopefully samsung will bump it up to 5 soon
0 Likes
WinstonSmith
Pathfinder
Options
To be honest,
Samsung Galaxy SII problem,
Samsung Galaxy SIII problem, Samsung Galaxy S 5 problem, Samsung Galaxy S7 problem, Samsung Galaxy S9 problem,
Motorola never any issues.
And I have had four Motorolas.
But, they aren't great in the flagship category.
That's why Samsung.
The quality of Samsung is not quite great.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It depends on the person, I have had a few issues with iphones the 5 X XS 11 12PM & 14PM I had problems, samsung only the s21 I had a problem. So it varies by person. I do like you get 24 month warranty with samsung and others apple only give you 1. Motorolas are fantastic I only had one the g30 just very under powered and c r a p updates but it was bullet proof. I do agree the samsung needs to sort out its QC but then so does apple and one plus
WinstonSmith
Pathfinder
Options
Actually,
now I'm thinking about my Motorola phones and I have had not just four,
but six of them.
All of them were absolutely perfect.
MicroTac, TX-770, D520, V3, V360, and E60.
Just Samsung S10 5G,
S21 Ultra 5G, and now my current S23 Ultra 5G were without any problems.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
That's good then and the new generation samsung is much better s10 and later
0 Likes