Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.1 update has lost my recent apps

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 12:05 PM)
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

Since the 4.1 update I no longer can see my most recent apps at the bottom on the screen. When I select the left button I get the message "No recently used apps". I have tried the fix clearing the Google app cache but to no avail. Any ideas how to get my recent apps back? There is a setting in recent apps called show recommended apps but I want to see my recent not recommended.

27 REPLIES 27
dahamsta
First Poster
Options

This is incredibly annoying, I use those buttons nearly every time I open my phone. Come on Samsung, revert this idiocy, quickly!

Members_janZAWG
Journeyman
Options

I can see people saying it's a bug, and some saying it's a feature.

I personally doubt it's a feature - if it was a feature, it would be to advertise/promote. We would see recommended apps like we see on Windows, for games etc. Samsung don't make any money from settings, calendar, clock etc.

My guess is it's a bug and would love to see it fixed. Switching between apps now takes much longer!

If it's a feature, well I guess it's a feature I'll be permanently disabling.

Members_janZAWG
Journeyman
Options

@wakely  Do you have a link to the article where this is described as a feature?

I doubt it's a feature, as they'd include apps that make them money such as games, not calculator, settings, pictures etc.

0 Likes
Members_janZAWG
Journeyman
Options

Me too man, it's so annoying - my home screen suddenly looks more cluttered with the addition of some new shortcuts!

0 Likes
Members_janZAWG
Journeyman
Options

@wakely Do you have a link to the article where this is described as a feature?

I doubt it's a feature, as they'd include apps that make them money such as games, not calculator, settings, pictures etc.

0 Likes
Members_janZAWG
Journeyman
Options

I think Samsung also need to fix this forum - looks like I'm having a conversation with myself when I'm literally replying directly to peoples comments.

Well done Samsung - even your self support service is broken. Massive thumbs up.

Kmitch
First Poster
Options

Add me to this annoying update. They need to fix this one asap. Is there a way to roll back  updates? 

wakely
Student
Options

It's more that I saw people saying their bug reports about this were going ignored, that opened cases about this were being closed and deleted, etc!

0 Likes
Knfruitbat
Apprentice
Options
Take something that works perfectly and replace with pointless.
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

We've sent this info to the developers, and they've said this will be fixed in a future update. 

In the meantime you could try this: 

Settings > Display > Edge panels > Panels > Apps > Edit > More (3 dots top right) > Show recent apps > Turn this On.

You'll now be able to view recent apps by swiping the right edge of your screen.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes