Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Connecting with Wi-Fi on my Android Phone

(Topic created on: 18-07-2019 03:18 PM)
dave361
First Poster
Options

Good afternoon,

I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 (model number: SM-A300FU) and recently I lost some old messages from Whatsapp and after I installed 'Dr.Fone' on this phone ,in order to retrieve my messages,I now can't connect to Wi-Fi. A pop up message comes up on screen stating 'Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your device to undo any unauthorized changes.' I have restarted the phone many times,performed many scans,as requested by the device and even managed to uninstall 'Dr.Fone',but I still can't connect to Wi-Fi. What else can I do?

Thanks a lot,

Kind Regards,

David

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options
@dave361: Hi there. To begin with please try a Soft Reset by pressing the Volume Down and Power keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. If you're still unable to connect to WiFi via Settings > Connections > WiFi then you can try restarting the phone in Safe Mode to disable any external, third party sources that may be affecting the device.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the A3 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.

If you're able to establish a WiFi connection while in Safe Mode then please restart the phone as you would normally and remove any other recently installed apps. Please be aware that it is possible to backup your messages on your home computer using Smart Switch, therefore we recommend backing up your phone regularly to avoid instances like this in the future.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch
0 Likes