Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A12 Smart switch mistake and installing Whatsapp? After Factory reset.

(Topic created on: 30-01-2024 04:15 PM)
Kiowa
First Poster
Options

Hi, I recently was given a Samsung A12 and it was reset, cleared, but I installed Whatsapp before doing Smart Switch with my old Android phone. It said it could not switch over detail and install Whatsapp. I mistakenly went ahead. I now have trouble installing Whats app on my Samsung A12.  I need help. Do I need to factory reset again and try again? Is there a way to install Whats app, even without old data within?

I have got status downloader. I forgot my exact username but have my number and emails.

My app is not installed yet. How may I take screenshots?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Kiowa. Please can you let me know whether the steps provided in the guide below help you backup and restore your WhatsApp data?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-back-up-or-restore-whatsapp-data/

0 Likes
nicky2024
Explorer
Options
Are you trying to install from the play store? I recently reinstalled WhatsApp on my device and had no issues. A34.
Can you take screen shots of what the screen shows when you try to install
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It will be because you have already have installed and registered on another device as you can only use one device with that number. You have to wipe your old device and number before you install on your A12. You could try contacting customer support and they will give you a new number to use.
0 Likes
Kiowa
First Poster
Options

Perhaps I can run smart switch a second time and first delete Whatsapp from my new device and the old Whatsapp will be installed, leaving the other apps in order?

0 Likes