Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fold 4 using Dex on Sony Android TV

(Topic created on: 15-09-2023 10:09 AM)
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Hi, I'm trying to get Dex to work on my Sony Android TV. I put the TV into screen mirroring then press the Dex icon on my phone quick panel. The phone shows the TV, I click on it and it says connecting then nothing. Eventually it comes back round again showing TV available. I've tried Smart view with the same thing happening. 
Strange thing is if I use my Google Home connection and the Google home app and then devices then select the TV and mirror my screen it works perfectly first time all the time.
I have location set on my phone so that's not the issue. My TV and phone are connected to same network and I'm on the same frequency band 5GH on both phone and TV. Ugh if anyone has and ideas please help. I have had it working in the past week but very intermittently and now just not at all. Cheers.
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
I have an update. I tried dex on my little Sony TV in the kitchen and it worked first time. I then tried my wife's Z Flip 4 on my Android TV, the same TV as I used before and it worked first time using smart view. Dex for some reason isn't loaded on the Flip. But smart view worked straight away. I then removed my Android TV from my Google Home list of connected devices thinking that might be the issue. Re-started my Z fold 4, just in case. Then tried using Smart View and Dex with same result. I'm perplexed never mind dexed.
0 Likes