Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Rcs Not working. Chat settings says register failed

(Topic created on: 19-09-2021 12:00 AM)
Ozjasmine1
Journeyman
Options

Long story short. I had to take my sim out of my galaxy 20 note ultra to a dinosaur Samsung phone to contact my husband as my phone was not fully charged. Once house power was back on I charged my phone and inserted my sim back in. The chat in samsung message however had changed from the RCS (I think that's what it is called) that it was before. When I go to open chat messages it tells me what it does and I click on ok. Then it does this glitch thing and comes up registration failed. I've tried everything to clearing storage to all the possible YouTube quick fixes and nothing works. I'm still using mms. I can use google messages with RCS fine but I hate the layout of it and just want my original set up back. Anyone else have similar problem or have a solution. 

32 REPLIES 32
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi to activate the Rcs in Samsung messages you have to toggle on rich communications first in more connection settings.Screenshot_20210821-154415_Settings.jpg
Ozjasmine1
Journeyman
Options

Yeah see I don't even have that option. Checked my husbands phone. His is working fine from Samsung messages and he doesn't have that switch button either. I'm wondering when I took out my sim and put it in a phone that doesn't support it maybe the service automatically disconnected that option for me. 

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
OK sometimes it takes a few days before it starts working again.
0 Likes
Ozjasmine1
Journeyman
Options

Ok then so ill leave it be and see if it changes. Thabk you 🙂

0 Likes
Snowfox21
First Poster
Options

Hello!
I have the exact same issue.

I updated my phone friday night. Suddenly got messages about google messages wanting some update about connection on wifi, i got mad clicked no.

now i have no chat on my phone for blue messages. i dont even have the chat option anywhere on my phone.

i unregistered my phone number with google messages, tried to "register" for samsung chat, just says registration failed.

it doesn't have this rich messages option and i cant open my chat settings their greyd out.

i have the S20, so does my husband, he just updated friday and is having none of these issues

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Your welcome.
0 Likes
Snowfox21
First Poster
Options

I dont understand?

I still habe the ossue i cant turn on the rcs thing or whatever ot is, its not an option on my phone

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi try searching on Samsung members there's previous posts of fixes that you can try.
0 Likes
MrDC1
Journeyman
Options
I was having a similar issue where I'd select the "Chat Settings" option and they it would ask me to "Start" to register, but then a few minutes later it would say "Registration Failed". I found a way around this by going to Settings > Connections > More connection settings, then toggling off Rich Communications. Then try selecting the Chat Settings again and it should now show the options. When you revisit the Rich Communications option you should see that it's now been toggled back on
(1)