Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Rcs Not working. Chat settings says register failed

(Topic created on: 18-09-2021 01:02 AM)
Ozjasmine1
Journeyman
Options

Long story short. I had to take my sim out of my galaxy 20 note ultra to a dinosaur Samsung phone to contact my husband as my phone was not fully charged. Once house power was back on I charged my phone and inserted my sim back in. The chat in samsung message however had changed from the RCS (I think that's what it is called) that it was before. When I go to open chat messages it tells me what it does and I click on ok. Then it does this glitch thing and comes up registration failed. I've tried everything to clearing storage to all the possible YouTube quick fixes and nothing works. I'm still using mms. I can use google messages with RCS fine but I hate the layout of it and just want my original set up back. Anyone else have similar problem or have a solution. 

32 REPLIES 32
Nicci2872
First Poster
Options

I feel your pain! I tried Google messages but I don’t like it. It compresses your pictures til it’s blurry. I had RCS up until I tried Google messages. Samsung messages won’t let me use RCS anymore without registration failing. I even got a new phone and it still fails. I tried chatting online with Samsung. No one has a fix or they’re rude. I’ve tried everything! Hope you get it working.

0 Likes
Members_ZlASLvl
First Poster
Options

I know I'm quite late to this but incase anyone is still having this issue like I was here is what I did:

Switch default messaging app to Google Messages.

Open Samsung Messages again and make that the default once more.

Register again successfully.

Hope this helps!

maxxiboi
First Poster
Options

There's no such thing as Rich Communications on my phone

Screenshot_20240402_092908_Settings.jpg

0 Likes