Original topic:

Samsung A12 Smartview

(Topic created on: 23/02/21 22:18)
as16
Apprentice
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

Hello,

Samsung Support advised me that I should be able to use SmartView on an A12 but I can't find it in the drop down options (I mean in the same place as switching off the wifi, sound, flight mode e.t.c) and I can't find it in the Galaxy App Store or Google Play Store.

I would appreciate knowing if I can access Smart View on an A12 and, if so, how?

Also I think I am correct in saying that SmartThings isn't compatible with an A12 and SmartHome is being replaced by SmartThings?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
as16
Apprentice
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

Edit: Sorry in my original reply, below, I  should have said SmartHome not SmartThings.

Also if anyone knows of an alternate screen share app I would be intersted.

Original reply:

It looks like SmartThings works on an A12. However I haven't tested it much as it insists on knowing my location so I uninstalled it. I can see that some users might appreciate the convenience of it knowing which devices are near by but I think there should be an option for the user to not allow location tracking and manually select which device they want to screen mirror to.

0 Likes
Members_P9J09GZ
First Poster
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

Hi,

How did you install it on A12? I don't find it  on google play and if i download the apk i can't install it.

Thanks

0 Likes
as16
Apprentice
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

Apologises there was an error in my post. I meant SmartHome and not SmartThings. I've updated my post to highlight my error. SmartHome should show on Google Play.

0 Likes