Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A12 Smartview

(Topic created on: 14-03-2021 06:59 AM)
as16
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

Samsung Support advised me that I should be able to use SmartView on an A12 but I can't find it in the drop down options (I mean in the same place as switching off the wifi, sound, flight mode e.t.c) and I can't find it in the Galaxy App Store or Google Play Store.

I would appreciate knowing if I can access Smart View on an A12 and, if so, how?

Also I think I am correct in saying that SmartThings isn't compatible with an A12 and SmartHome is being replaced by SmartThings?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
as16
Apprentice
Options

Edit: Sorry in my original reply, below, I  should have said SmartHome not SmartThings.

Also if anyone knows of an alternate screen share app I would be intersted.

Original reply:

It looks like SmartThings works on an A12. However I haven't tested it much as it insists on knowing my location so I uninstalled it. I can see that some users might appreciate the convenience of it knowing which devices are near by but I think there should be an option for the user to not allow location tracking and manually select which device they want to screen mirror to.

Members_P9J09GZ
First Poster
Options

Hi,

How did you install it on A12? I don't find it  on google play and if i download the apk i can't install it.

Thanks

as16
Apprentice
Options

Apologises there was an error in my post. I meant SmartHome and not SmartThings. I've updated my post to highlight my error. SmartHome should show on Google Play.

Fichak
First Poster
Options
Please I need smart view on my Samsung A12
Skywalker
First Poster
Options

Please were use able to find the smart view I can't find it on my device 

0 Likes
Ahmed kallout
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Samsung Support advised me that I should be able to use SmartView on an A12 but I can't find it in the drop down options (I mean in the same place as switching off the wifi, sound, flight mode e.t.c) and I can't find it in the Galaxy App Store or Google Play Store

0 Likes
Joshkings
First Poster
Options

What's the solution to the smart view bot being there..is it the smart home and how can we operate it

0 Likes
romy7
First Poster
Options

Galaxy A12 doesn't have smart view and I can't connect to my TV dongle anymore because smart things and smart home only support screen mirroring if the device was Samsung or chrome cast, so that is really weird from Samsung because my older phone had smart view that supports my anycast device

did anyone have a solution for this, please??

Members_z0V81TK
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue here. Bought a New galaxy a12 only to find out it has no smart view. Smarthome and smartthings no longer connect to tv screen since it is nog a samsung tv. Weird, old Phone never had any problems. Anyone knows how to solve this?