Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S health app not counting steps on phone

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 01:38 PM)
Catherine_P_83
First Poster
Options

Hi

My s health app has stopped counting my steps on the phone.

Is there any way this can be reset?

I only use the app on my Samsung A50 phone

Hope you can help!! 

41 REPLIES 41
KayP
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me. I recently bought a new phone and installed Samsung Health as I loved it on my old phone. This seems to be a new version and I'm wondering if there's a way to install the previous version to see if that solves the problem.

0 Likes
Yellow_Atom
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Yesterday I did an activity : 8.71 Km , ~11'000 steps.

But only 906 was counted for the all day ...

How is it possible ?

Can I add steps manually for that day ?

Screenshot_20200423-234918_Samsung Health2.jpg

Kayeox
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with my S10, it had been working fine and all of a sudden it now does not work, I have done all these things started.

Avelon
First Poster
Options

I've done all of the steps on my note 8 and nothing is working. Error code (0x04#0xEx1#002C6869N2730) 

0 Likes
DavieW
First Poster
Options

Hi,

This might be worth you having a look at:

I recently tried to extend the battery life of my new Samsung Galaxy A40 by disabling everything from running in the background, except WhatsApp. After I did this, S Health stopped counting my steps.

I've just fixed it now by doing the following; (the exact steps may differ for you depending on your phone and version of Android):

Settings > Device Care > Battery > App Power Management > Apps that won't be put to sleep > Add apps > (scroll down till you find Samsung Health, tap to select it and > Add (it will then appear in the list of apps that won't be put to sleep.

When I did that, it started to count my steps automatically again when the app wasn't running in the foreground.

HTH,

Davie.

AntKeeper
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my new M31. Any step counting app works, not only Samsung Health. Only phone reboot helps but for a short time. Even when I open the app and it is defenitely in foreground it doesn't count steps. Acceleroeter and gyro work fine (used test apps to check). I think the problem is in firmware. Any updates? Very annoying problem which doesn't allow using step counters.

0 Likes
Nick520
First Poster
Options

The problem is actually caused by the phone's battery optimiser shutting down Samsung Health after a set time. 

To stop this happening you need to:

1. Go to settings

2.click on 'apps'

3 select 'Device Care'

4. click on 'battery'

5.select  'optimise battery usage',

6. select 'all apps' and uncheck samsung health.

Samsung Health should now count all steps.

Ps To be on the safe side check if you have 'C Cleaner' installed then disable it.  This has a battery optimiser too which can sometimes switch Samsung Health off.

AntKeeper
Student
Options
Thank you, I'll try it. But I had the same problem even when I have step counting apps on foreground.
DougCowie
First Poster
Options

Thanks Davie,  worked for me.  I had a similar issue with my A40 where the App worked when I opened it but when closed (dormant) my steps were not being counted - irritating or what?

0 Likes
Dhruba
First Poster
Options

I tried everything, cleared data, checked for update and also reinstalling the app after uninstalling it. I have done the process twice now and it still doesnot seem to work!! Any help?

0 Likes