Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S health app not counting steps on phone

(Topic created on: 02-09-2019 09:03 PM)
Catherine_P_83
First Poster
Options

Hi

My s health app has stopped counting my steps on the phone.

Is there any way this can be reset?

I only use the app on my Samsung A50 phone

Hope you can help!! 

41 REPLIES 41
PenaPP
Journeyman
Options

Same problem on two Samsung A40 devices - other apps are counting much more steps while Samsung Health nearly nothing 😞

0 Likes
Rustyeast
Journeyman
Options

I have found that if I have my phone in my jean’s front pocket it records far fewer steps than if I have it in a bag, or loose jacket pocket. 

0 Likes
PenaPP
Journeyman
Options

That was my original suspect as well, but since other pedometer apps record it properly even in the original pocket there must be something wrong with the S-Health 😞

0 Likes
Members_H56PilX
Apprentice
Options

I think it's a software problem, which needs big movements to count the steps.
I'm trying it on a treadmill and only works correctly if I put it near the knee or even on the ankle the smartphone (Galaxy S10+). If I use it in a pants pocket, it does not count correctly.
They should put an option to be able to choose sensitivity. 

Rustyeast
Journeyman
Options

I agree, I have a Fitbit, it is on my wrist (obviously) and I do t swing my arms when walking, yet it records about twice the number of steps as the phone in my pocket, even when in a loose jacket pocket my phone (A11) nowhere matches my Fitbit . 

0 Likes
Danelleknapp
First Poster
Options

My Samsung watch only counts steps when it’s connected to my phone, one of two stupid design flaws. Samsung is apparently unaware that women’s clothes are usually lacking pockets. That makes carrying the phone everywhere a problem every $10 fitness watch you can buy has a built in pedometer but the $350 Samsung watch doesn’t. The other thing it seems unable to figure out when you’re done sleeping. There’s a $7 phone app which gets this right eithout even being connected to your body.

0 Likes
Members_Lof8S1o
First Poster
Options

I have the new z flip 4 and neither does mine. I've uninstalled and checked for updates to no avail. Very disappointing 

AshP_
Options

@Members_Lof8S1o I recommend submitting an Error Report to allow our Software Team to look into this issue further for you, here's a guide on how to submit a report: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

0 Likes
DazHT
First Poster
Options
Samsung app not changing weight info. I've cleared cache, still not working. Uninstall app and reinstalled still won't go past 28 October. Was that an update?
0 Likes
rosey_sugatan
First Poster
Options

I updated my Samsung phone software (I have the Note 10+) and Samsung Health started counting my steps again! Apparently, Samsung apps' updates like Health are themselves tied to the phone's software updates.

0 Likes