Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring video doorbell 2 speaker sound distortion using S9 dual sim

(Topic created on: 23-01-2020 04:11 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi

I have a Samsung S9 dual sim and I am trying to use it with our new Ring video doorbell 2 but when I speak through the S9 microphone (mainly the bottom mic), the sound comes out very distorted on the Ring video doorbell 2 speaker.  I have tried de-installing the app and re-installing it and also had a factory reset, but this hasn't made any difference to the sound quality coming out of the Ring doorbell speaker.  I have also been to a Samsung repair centre and they have tested the microphone and they say it works fine.  I am starting to think it is the Ring App that is the problem as I have tried most things.  My Husband has a Sony Xperia premium XZ and it works perfectly.  Does anyone know if anything can be done to resolve this?  Thanks Tracey

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Anonymous User: Are you having any quality issues with the microphone while using other apps and features? For instance, if you go to Apps > Voice Recorder, and record a short clip, is the playback clear? If you open the Members app on your S9 and go to Get Help > interactive Checks > Microphone, do you experience any errors? If not then I recommend reaching out to the Ring Video Doorbell team directly to enquire about any in-app settings that you can try to improve the quality of your experience.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi AndrewL

Yes I have tried the Voice Recorder and just tried the Interactive Microphone test and it all works fine.  I think it is a Ring app/Ring issue although I was wondering if anything else could be done from Samsung or the Community.  Thanks Tracey

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Anonymous User: Something suggested by a member of the US Community is to try turning off the Event History Timeline feature in the Ring app, as this has been known to improve audio quality. Can you try that, and let me know if you notice a difference?
0 Likes