Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures Album disappeared in Gallery app

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 02:16 PM)
NDR
Apprentice
Options

Albums from Picture cant be seen in gallery but it is in File storage. If i save images from that album it only saves in the file storage but not shown in gallery.There are files inside the folders but not shown in GalleryThere are files inside the folders but not shown in Gallery

Screenshot_20200517-000320_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-000339_Gallery.jpg

I already tried clear data both gallery and Files storage.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @NDR, do you have an SD card or a third party photo app synced with the Gallery app?
0 Likes
NDR
Apprentice
Options

No, I dont use any 3rd party photo app. I only sync photos in google drive.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Cheers, that means the photos are being synced across to Google Drive, so you can't see it in Gallery.
0 Likes
NDR
Apprentice
Options

No. I mean obviously only the one in the gallery will sync in the google drive. 

I cant also save images from that app. (Twitter, Hangout, Viber Vlive) 

So how can I return the album that are not beng shown in gallery. 

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Mhh it is possible that these files are hidden and cannot be seen in Gallery or other apps, please follow these steps: Settings > Apps > My Files app > Navigate to the folder containing the images and More Options > Settings > Show hidden files (delete . nomedia). 

0 Likes
NDR
Apprentice
Options

Nothing happened. Doesnt show the folders that are missing. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

The Galaxy Essentials 'Video' app can hide folders - and those folders are also hidden from Gallery.

Other apps may be able to do the same.

The .jpg!large files in the Pictures folder look odd, it would appear to be thumbnails - they should normally belong in a hidden .thumbnails subfolder.

Try track which app create the .jpg!large files and examine the settings in that app.

Is Google Photos working as expected?

EDIT:

Please clarify: Did you find and delete a .nomedia file in Pictures?

-- Hans

0 Likes
NDR
Apprentice
Options

I just reset my phone. This is what it looks like normaly. You can hide or unhide the folder. But before i reset my phone the folder from \internal\Picture are gone. Screenshot_20200520-133533_Gallery.jpg

I dont know if .jpg!large is normaly hidden but in my phone the .jpg!large is not hidden, the image was also visible in the gallery app. .jpg!large in the gallery app.jpg!large in the gallery app

Google Photos is working, only the folders that are in the gallery app was able to sync.

After resetAfter reset

Yes i already deleted that hidden .nomedia file in Picture path. but it does not shown the folders in gallery app.

Ill message if I encounter it again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks for feedback.

Better let apps create folders where they want, don't force it to use the Pictures folder(*)
Google Photos can sync any folder with pictures or videos.
With sync enabled, it should notify each time it finds a newly created folder with pictures or videos, or the folders can be added manually in Google Photos settings.

(*) The way Android and apps splash media files all over internal storage and SD cards annoys me since I also try keep a local backup but I've had to accept this is how Android works.

-- Hans

0 Likes