Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice!!(phone)

(Topic created on: 15-05-2020 02:16 AM)
Al__55
First Poster
Options

So my old phone that being an S8 has been broken since last year. The LCD needs replacing along with front & back screen it's registered with Giffgaff. I was wondering if I get it fixed will I see all the texts, calls & voicemails I received since it's been off as it's the only reason I would get it fixed.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Is the phone operational, @Al__55? When your phone goes off for a repair, it will be wiped clean by the engineer, which is why we would always advise backing up the phone using Smart Switch for PC, prior to having the phone repaired.

0 Likes
Al__55
First Poster
Options
I can't get the phone on at all, the screen went green & white and eventually went off hasn't been on since. Do you think there's anyway I would be able to save the texts etc. from being lost as some are rather important.
0 Likes
Al__55
First Poster
Options
I've managed to get it charging but screen is flashing alot and is completely green & white...
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

if the lcd still touch still work try to blindly unlock it via pin or better fingerprint then connect it to pc

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@Al__55 wrote:

So my old phone that being an S8 has been broken since last year. The LCD needs replacing along with front & back screen it's registered with Giffgaff. I was wondering if I get it fixed will I see all the texts, calls & voicemails I received since it's been off as it's the only reason I would get it fixed.

Texts and MMS are only available for a limited time, 2 or 3 days typically.

Missed calls and voicemail may be available on a self-service website.

An unused SIM card may be deactivated by the provider.

- Please refer to Giffgaff.

-- Hans

0 Likes