Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gallery: Better syncing integration

(Topic created on: 18-02-2024 05:24 PM)
Slavvd
Pioneer
Options
I would like to see better syncing integration currently only OneDrive is available. 

I would like to see:
- Google Drive and Nextcloud integration
- Ability to automatically remove synced media from device
- Reduce duplicated efforts - currently when media backed to OneDrive is deleted it goes to the recycle bin of the device and OneDrive. But deleting it from one of the recycle bins does not delete it from the other bin. Same for restoring. 
- Ability to download media back to device in bulk. For example filter all media that is not currently on the device, select all, download to device.
- Ability to see which media is present on device and which is in the cloud only. Currently the Gallery UI does not show this. You have to click on an image, then the 3 dots at the top right and see if it says "download" 
- Improve "free up space" by allowing to delete backed up media by folders or individual pictures instead of all or nothing
- Ability to choose between 2 way sync and 1 way (mirror) in either direction
- Ability to compress backed up media on device but download full quality from cloud when it is viewed by the user
8 REPLIES 8
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
I have to agree. Many occasion I've photographed or downloaded stuff on the phone and I'm forever waiting for it to appear in one drive, google drive, dropbox etc. It's never been a smooth experience.
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Valid points! I feel that there should be a seyting, if enabled, syncs deleting of photos in the cloud and on the device, otherwise not.

Restoring or deleting from Google Photos works both ways I think. Not sure about One Drive.

There is no simpler way, but when you select a photo, all photos show whether they are in the cloud or device or on both.

Screenshot_20240218_184231_Gallery.jpg

One of the right is in the cloud and one on the left is on both the devices and the cloud. If the photo is only on the device, then there is no icon.

0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Totally agree with the google sync, we need to have an option to sync to google photos, not just to onedrive.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
If you take a photo it automatically goes to Google Photo's as well as what is actually showing in the Gallery. It does on my S22ultra and it also backs up to Microsoft onedrive.
0 Likes
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
It does but if you're flitting between two devices you want the item(s) to show up immediately. Often when trying to help members I'll take a screenshot on my phone but I'll be replying on my tablet and it's a complete mare waiting for things to sync across the devices. I wish Samsung Gallery was truly cloud based and so stuff could be available instantly no matter which device the file is stored on.
Slavvd
Pioneer
Options
Ah indeed it does but only if you haven't zoomed out the image view. But even so you still cannot select All images that are in cloud only and download them back. You have to manually select each image while checking the icons.

0 Likes
Slavvd
Pioneer
Options
Yes but if you remove them from your device after backing to doogle drive with Google photos they will not show up in gallery. To see them you need to use Google photos. But even then Google Photos doesn't back up the folder structure so you lose that. Also there is no way to download all backed up images to your device via the app. You can only dowload them 1 at a time and they all go in a "restored" folder, not where they were originally.
0 Likes
Slavvd
Pioneer
Options
Also bugs I noticed regarding the current sync functionality with OneDrive:

Once the media inside an album folder is synced there is absolutely no way to stop syncing it. Disabling the sync for the album only applies to new media. If the media that was already synced to OneDrive is deleted from onedrive (and it's recycle bin) it will also disappear from gallery even though the sync for the album is stopped. Similarly moving an image from a synced album to an unsynced album makes the image be synced in the new album even though sync for that album is turned off

0 Likes