Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Issue with apps transferred over to new phone

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 01:57 PM)
Kazd
Apprentice
Options

I received my S23 Ultra yesterday, I transferred my information over by Wi-Fi rather than the cable, this may have been an issue as I then had to go back and move my contacts over which were saved on the phone rather than the sim. My calendar does not seem to have moved over properly either.  Am still working my way through them but specifically the FB Messenger app is greyed out, it won't open and I can't remove it, I only have the option to disable (but then it tells me I can't disable it) or add to home screen. When I checked in settings - apps, it does not appear in the list. Can anybody help please. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try reinstall FB messenger
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I did mine via cable and everything went fine, initially got greyed out apps shortcuts and then as the apps installed they turned normal
Kazd
Apprentice
Options

That worked, thank you.

Kazd
Apprentice
Options

Wish I had gone that route but hey ho.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You're welcome
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
Yeah I always use the cable option it seems to get everything done apart from your screen theme..
Always have little things you have to download again.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Be weary of using smart switch to transfer apps from an old phone. Some apps may be obsolete or incompatible versions not supported properly by your new device and cause unexpected problems in normal operation.
0 Likes
Ddg007
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am having the same issue with my S23 Ultra. I transfered using the cable and a lot of my apps are greyed out. I can't use them. When I click on it, i see  "No apps"

Please what can I do? reinstalling all one by one is out of the question for now.

0 Likes
Ddg007
First Poster
Options

Solved. I reconnected the cable and did the transfer again.

0 Likes