Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Messenger is no longer able to access media

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 11:19 AM)
maverick_nj
First Poster
Options

My S21 Ultra received an Android 12 update today and installed it with excitement, only to feel disappointed later. I use Dual Messenger for WhatsApp - the primary one works just fine, but the secondary one, is unable to send media. I have checked all permissions, they are all enabled. The media, however, is visible when I am trying to send something from the app.

The exact error message: "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your internal storage."

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

22 REPLIES 22
Cenk K
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly same issue after the last update and couldn't able to fix the issue! Ive started to use web app but it is really unbelievable! Any solution?

0 Likes
Cenk K
Apprentice
Options

Thanks it worked!

0 Likes
Xofttam
Explorer
Options

Thank you! This worked perfectly!

0 Likes
RajeevSaraiya
Apprentice
Options
Today I received the update for whatsapp post which the above mentioned issue with dual whatsapp got fixed. I am able to send and receive media file and chat backup functionality is also working.
0 Likes
Mohd630
First Poster
Options

Thank you. this worked for me and i did the whole procedure in the phone file manager itself.

thanks again.

0 Likes
DesmondT
First Poster
Options

This solution works, there could be a Step 3 to clean up the duplicate media files copied over from Step 1 to avoid redundancy. Well done!

0 Likes
Pratik Doshi
Student
Options

Thanks Fardan. This was a great help and a huge relief :smiling-face:

One more option everyone who is facing the issue can do is create a new folder named com.whatsapp in Android\media under "Internal storage (Dual Messenger)" after renaming the original com.whatsapp folder instead of copying from the main internal storage. This also works.

Reason being you do not want to copy the full media folder of the main whatsapp (someone like me do not even have enough storage to copy the media of the main whatsapp).

0 Likes
Pratik Doshi
Student
Options

Thanks Fardan. It worked. This was a great help and a huge relief 

PratikDoshi_0-1641453755588.png

One more option everyone who is facing the issue can do is create a new folder named com.whatsapp in Android\media under "Internal storage (Dual Messenger)" after renaming the original com.whatsapp folder instead of copying from the main internal storage. This also works.

Reason being you do not want to copy the full media folder of the main whatsapp (someone like me do not even have enough storage to copy the media of the main whatsapp).

0 Likes
DW11
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the instructions, it fixed my problem!!

0 Likes
Kdk26
Student
Options

I solved this issue temporary by force stopping the duel messenger WhatsApp app. You can force stop it by going to settings > apps> WhatsApp (duel one with the orange colour dot) > force stop 

After doing this I simply opened the duel messenger WhatsApp app and it works all fine