Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Messenger is no longer able to access media

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 11:19 AM)
maverick_nj
First Poster
Options

My S21 Ultra received an Android 12 update today and installed it with excitement, only to feel disappointed later. I use Dual Messenger for WhatsApp - the primary one works just fine, but the secondary one, is unable to send media. I have checked all permissions, they are all enabled. The media, however, is visible when I am trying to send something from the app.

The exact error message: "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your internal storage."

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

22 REPLIES 22
vbha12
First Poster
Options

Hi Fardan,

I cannot seem to find Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) under My Files. How do access this?

Cheers,

Vin

0 Likes
Members_w83dLWW
First Poster
Options

Hi @Pratik Doshi Can you please advise if I just create a new empty folder under Internal storage (Dual Messenger) - will that also show the old files from my dual messenger before the update?

I believe if I copy the folder from Android\media the files from main messenger will also show up on dual messenger and be duplicated. I want to avoid this.

I updated to Android 12 and facing the problem where I cannot see old media in WhatsApp, but I am able to send and receive files from the app.

I want to restore the media. Please help. Thanks :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Fayyubov
First Poster
Options

Did you solve your problem? I also can't find that file.

0 Likes